Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CANCELLING MY CONTRACT

Please note that I wish to cancel my Virgin Media contract and am hereby giving you the required 31 days notice via this forum as  it  has proved IMPOSSIBLE to do so by any other means.

I have been trying for the last 4 hours to get through on the phone, via the website or on the chat line.  I am now sat here in tears of frustration with you people.  I know about Covid 19 - but honestly I have never come across anything so difficult as this in my entire life!. 

IF YOU DO NOT CONTACT ME THEN I SHALL SIMPLY CANCEL MY DIRECT DEBIT ON 3RD MARCH AND THAT WILL BE AN END OF IT

jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: CANCELLING MY CONTRACT

nothing will happen regarding cancellation here. this is a public forum. it would have as much impact as me ordering a harrod's teddy bear from my local barbers.

cancelling your direct debit will lead to a default on your account and the associated hassles which have been documented here and on other companies forums.

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Get this and get this firmly and straight. You cannot give valid contract termination via this Forum. Your contract with VM stipulates two ways, one by phone or two in writing to a specific VM address. If you do anything else you are in breach of contract. If you stop your DD VM will come after you with late payment charges and default mark on your credit record and the debt collectors eventually.

You can get through. I just did a test call to 150 - answered immediately. 

If you want to write here's the address:

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

So if you want to avoid even more unpleasantness and future difficulty, please do it right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel in writing, using recorded delivery.

And don't cancel the DD:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Abysmal-amp-Non-Existent-Customer-S...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML. I’m new to this game but will take your advice and write to the address you supplied. Thank you once agsin

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Send it "signed for" , what was recorded delivery.