Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

CANCEL MY CONTRACT

I want to cancel my contract but no-one is available at Virgin Media call centres due to coronavirus. I am currently 30 days in advance but if I do not receive help soon then it will be over.

I am extremely dissatisfied with Virgin Media and your lack of help and communication. It won't accept the password I set up either.

DO NOT refer me to the call centre as they ARE NOT OPEN.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: CANCEL MY CONTRACT

Hi aliceb29

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch.

We are very sorry to hear you wish to cancel your service as we would hate to see you leave.

I am afraid we are unable to cancel services via the Forums but our dedicated team will be able to help.

You can reach the team on 0345 454 111  / 150 and  you will just need to select the option for 'thinking off leaving'

You also have the option of logging this with our chat team on 07533051809. It's not an instant response, but somebody will get back to you asap.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If that's a fake number coming from VM staff I'll eat my hat. Of course its not fake. It is a limited circulation number that is only available from VM staff and the VIPs via this Forum. So use it. It is quite safe and faster than phoning in many cases. Or put up with the frustration of trying to deal on the phone lines which are very busy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was told by the verified Twitter account that this was not a valid number. This is all extrmely confusing and frustrating, complete lack of communication evident across the board then?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So you'll believe what you read on Twitter rather than a post here from a VM staff member. And the call centres are NOT closed, or they may be closed from time to time . They are really just very busy because VM has lost most of its call centre capacity overseas due to lockdowns. What would you rather do? Waste time here in discussing this or get on with cancelling your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

With misleading and conflicting information from verified users and accounts, what else is anyone to believe? If the number is legitimate and MY complaint is obviously wrong then I will be ignored and I apologise for jumping to conclusions. Personal info is easily stolen online and through phone and I'm so sorry for wanting to protect my personal information.

I'm not here to start an online keyboard war with you, I just want help. There's nowhere else except here to search for information (and I am new to this forum and do not know how to identify whether a worker or a stranger is replying to my posts) or to try and contact the VERIFIED Twitter account which deals with many requests on a daily basis. With further searching the number isn't available on the weekends so it can't be contacted until business hours as expected which I will then do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The call centres are not open to close contracts apparently as I called earlier this week and today and received the same message.

Will I be able to cancel my account properly over this number & if they cancel it do you know how I will receive that confirmation?

Unfortunately I am moving to a property where the bills are included in the rent as I am a student and I cannot legally transfer the wifi over as if I were moving homes. Though I am sure virgin media is the provider at my next property.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi aliceb29,

I appreciate your concerns regarding the number provided. This is a Virgin Mobile text service that we are promoting during this difficult time. 

With the text service we have our customer care team, collections and retention's team on hand to assist with queries or requests. 

You will go through an automated service to ensure you are passed to the correct team. From there they will ask security questions and send you a secure link to pop the answers into. 

Once completing this they will be able to access your account and process your cancellation request. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

Thank you for getting back so quickly despite my mistake. I'll message it next week when phone lines are open, if thats the right time to do so.
0 Kudos