Menu
wnkst
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

CANCEL MY CONTRACT. RIDICULOUS.

I've been trying to get hold of them for over two weeks now. Trying to give them 30 days notice as they of course ask.

I've been calling every day 3 times a day. EVERY SINGLE TIME they end hanging up on me. After the computer process, I've picked the option of cancelling my contract. After 45 minutes wait the agent always says he can't do that and he will transfer me to that department (why the hell are you picking up if you can't do what I asked for?) and after another 45 minutes they hung up.
EVERY DAY THREE TIMES PER DAY. THAT MAKES 5 HOURS A DAY EVERY DAY FOR TWO WEEKS. THIS IS A BLOODY PART TIME JOB AND I HAVE BETTER STUFF TO DO YOU USELESS SCAMMERS.

Obviously, the text service they have doesn't do anything. They ask you to call back.

The contract is due now in less than two weeks. I've put a complaint and your agents have said they can see that. Still, they've done nothing.

I've told them don't you dare hang up on me again and they said they will make sure this time gets sorted. Guess what they did again. They of course day they can make a discount if I stay another year. DO YOU SEE HOW RIDICULOUS THIS IS?

You can be sure I will cancel my direct debit. You aren't getting an extra penny from me that you can be sure.

CANCEL MY CONTRACT. I DON NOT WANT TO STAY WITH YOU ANY LONGER YOU THIEVES.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

0 Kudos
unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CANCEL MY CONTRACT. RIDICULOUS.

I contacted yesterday using the "thinking of leaving Virgin" phone option around 13:00.

Ten minute wait whilst music played. Ok, it was offshore call centre and had to really concentrate as accent wasn;t clear but they dealt with me and renegotiated my package to a much better price than end of contract pricing and the price increase of £4/month.

Even when my partner contacted them on another occasion about their contract, it was a wait of 30 minutes.

Are you using the "leaving option" under change my package on the phone options rather than standard customer services?

Of all the Virgin options, the "leaving Virgin" one usually does work even if you have a wait and I've never had them cut me off. They may have been a bit flippant in response depending who you get and what mood they are in, but never have had them cut me off and I've been with Virgin nearly continuously since 2007.

Contrast to another major electrical retailer named after a certain food, where I've waited 60 mins+ to get a guarantee repair sorted because they didn;t repair properly twice so far....

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CANCEL MY CONTRACT. RIDICULOUS.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, wnkst,

Apologies for the delayed response, unfortunately we are not able fulfill your request here in the forums.  Cancellations can only be done by phone 0345 454 1111 or by post Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.
Our records indicate that this has already resolved by our phone teams. Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos