cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN A MANAGER PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT MY COMPLAINT

monkeyfunkster
On our wavelength

I have had a pending complaint since August. I had 2 managers from here call me a month ago, apologising and promising that the case was in hand and they would keep in touch with me. They are now ignoring my many, many messages, despite being shown as online. I will add that I have been polite throughout.

I am posting on here as I am desperate for help. If I call, I will be stuck on hold for an hour and will get hold of someone who has no clue about the complaint, and I am not going to spend another hour explaining the saga to a fifth person. Not only is it a waste of time, but I have made it clear that I am registered disabled and cannot physically hold a phone for that length of time, so I am stuck with this being my only method of communication. The latest is that I have had a 32 second call from a verified Virgin number with someone breathing down the phone and then hanging up when I shouted. I don't know if it was someone from here or a spam call, given that despite the pending complaint, and the fact that my internet has barely worked for most of this time due to Virgin's faults, I am now being harassed to upgrade through calls, texts, emails, despite telling them clearly to leave me alone.

I just want someone to please read my messages and get back to me, and as my private messages are being ignored, I feel I have no choice but to post here publicly to ask for help.

39 REPLIES 39

From one unhappy customer to another, thanks!

I've had 2 letters saying sorry we've missed the deadline, plus just oh so many emails and calls. They've promised in writing for not only refunding me as per their T&Cs for 6 MONTHS of only 10% of the contracted data due to their faulty equipment (confirmed by 5 engineers) but for compensation for the mess ups and lies when the contract was taken out, plus compensation for how long the complaint has gone on for. They've not lost my complaint, they're ignoring it as they know they've messed up and I've recorded every single call and message. Given there's been hundreds of messages now, I'm sure they won't want to compile that data!!!

Gareth, Hetty- you're honestly just the worst. Stop lying to customers!!! I've also just cancelled my contract with o2 now it's ended, given they're now with Virgin (been with them 15+ years), as there is zero trust in this company. 

Are you not embarrassed you've STILL not got back to me?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi monkeyfunkster, I understand you've had a complaint raised by my colleagues - if things haven't been resolved to your satisfaction have you tried messaging them? Our full escalation procedure is detailed here for guidance if required: virg.in/comcop

Tom 

Tom, have you read my past posts in this thread? I've messaged them to exhaustion. Last message from Hetty was apologising for not calling me yet again and then nothing. Since August! Why else would I post on here begging for them to contact me?? 

I'm still waiting

This is for forum staff. I NEED A MANAGER TO CALL ME BY FRIDAY. Hetty promised to call me in AUGUST and I'm STILL WAITING.

Your service is disgusting. Is Hetty aware I recorded her calls? Where she PROMISED to call me back, and arrange compensation and a refund? Or her numerous messages where she profusely apologises for not responding, then just does it again? If I treated clients like that, even as a Supervisor myself, I would be at best given a warning. 

Or Samantha, Ramon, David, Gareth, Lee- all of these staff who've been involved. Not one of you can respond to a disabled customer (who struggles to sit on hold and therefore must use written communication initially) who has begged for help?

Don't merge this with my last posts to bury it. Try actually responding to me. I've been more than patient, but it tends to wear off after EIGHTEEN MONTHS!!

@monkeyfunkster I see that your last message got merged into this one regardless, oh well.

Now one simple question; have you escalated this matter to the industry regulator CISAS as advised by one of my fellow VIPs @back in April of last year. If not then you might as well have the word MUG tattooed on your forehead, and despite you saying that ‘VM won’t get away with this..’, we’ll actually yes they will, until and unless you stop just making meaningless threats and actually do something.

The forum staff here (Hetty et al) are a beacon of light in the Stygian gloom which is VM’s (lack of) customer service provision, but they are severely limited in what they can do re. account or contract details. All they can do is to escalate it to someone else in the backend staff who they think can resolve it. If said person is overworked and can’t get around to it, or basically can’t be bothered, then there really isn‘t much more they can do - they certainly can’t call you.

Put in a formal complain to CICAS, request full refund of all expenses, plus a sum (say 100%) for your inconvenience.

Oh, and I promise you absolutely no one (especially a manager) will call you by Friday or indeed anytime - and why should they? What will you do if they don’t? Make another forum post? Well that’ll have VMs senior management quaking in their boots!

Interesting you say they can't do anything when I have messages and recorded calls where they tell me otherwise 👍

No, I didn't escalate. As every time I said that, funnily enough, someone would respond to PROMISE they were dealing, and after a couple of weeks, disappear yet again. Sure, I'm a mug for thinking someone might actually do something they promised, more fool me 🤷‍♀️ in April, they actually pulled their finger out and an engineer fixed the fault. Hence why I didn't escalate then. 

But no, they won't get away with it, as their actions have been purely unlawful. And after many chances, they don't care. But I've got all the recordings, messages, etc, so let's see how it works out 🤷‍♀️ 

Also, no need to be nasty or snarky. I'll happily post screenshots of Hetty's numerous promises to both call me, and that *she* would deal with it. Not a manager, not someone else. Her. Or else I'd have gone elsewhere. But thanks for your "insight".

Ah. You’re one of those. Understand now. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Yes, I'm one of those. As in someone who has politely asked for help for 18 months, and is at the end of their rag. 

We seem to be in a day and age where someone asks for a manager's help and is deemed a Karen and is therefore ignored and dismissed. Despite having a real valid complaint.

Here you go. Hetty apologising and promising to call me to deal with the complaint, after 2 previous calls. She never called and that's the last I heard. So yea, I'm the mug for thinking she was actually going to help. And I've just had a 3 hour chat with WhatsApp live chat support who have been useless and zero understanding. Which is why I've wanted to speak to Hetty again, as she knows the complaint, and when she actually called, she was indeed understanding and helpful, but that unfortunately means nothing if she's not finished the job. 

Why is it so wrong to ask for help and be frustrated when it's promised but never happens?

Screenshot_20220106-184422_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-184429_Chrome.jpg