Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Building works/moving out for 6mths

Ok, so I am currently a VM customer with phone, broadband and TV.  We have just started a house renovation project and will be moving out for at least 4 mths, but could be up to 6 mths.  I plan on relocating the VM cables, but can't get hold of anyone on chat (they direct me to their phone) or on the phone (they direct me to chat).

I essentially want to get a load of cable, so that I can hook up a number of rooms.  I will then have to cancel my current contact (currently out of contract, so 1 mths notice) for the duration of the build as I am not paying £66 a month for something I am not using at all.  I will then start a new contract on my return, but hopefully with the place wired up properly.

VM don't do any short term contracts, so can't use them in the rental place I am going to.

Any hints as to how I best go about this?!

Thanks 

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Building works/moving out for 6mths

Virgin won't give you cable, you can install

webro wf100 as this is equivalent to the virgin cable

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - more than happy to pay for my own cable, just don't want VM saying I have the wrong cable having put it under all the floors! haha 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The best advice would be to install ducting and draw strings in the ducting under the floor as if that is where the cable is as VM will not use 3rd party cabling, when you come to get a new install then the engineer can pull their cable through the trunking, when you install the cabling I would also recommend too install some ethernet cabling as well and then you can have wired internet in the rooms as well.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos