Menu
Amandaduquenoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

How do you contact ANYONE at Virgin. My broadband is over £50 a month and I want to leave but I CANNOT get to talk or message anyone? Please help! 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband

Hi Amandaduquenoy,

There are three approved methods to use to cancel with VM.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or freephone number 0800 052 0422, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

By speaking to Retentions (cancellations) you also have the opportunity to negotiate a new deal.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Amandaduquenoy
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Really helpful!

thank you very much

0 Kudos
DonnyDriver
Up to speed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've sent messages to 07533051809 without luck. Everyday I get told I'm in the queue and somebody will respond within 4 hours - they don't.

Then the next day I get a message saying do I still want help? I reply "yes", go through all the questions again I did before - then get told I'm in the queue and will be replied to within 4 hours. 

The next day comes along and we do it all over again! Can't get through or get cut off on the phone either.

No company can keep blaming COVID after over 9 months. Come on VM - sort it out!

Tags (1)
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about your experience DonnyDriver and we are trying to help all out customers as quick as we can. Can you tell us what your query is? We're a technical forum and can help if you've a fault for example so do let us know.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
DonnyDriver
Up to speed
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

I'm trying to cancel my Virgin Media Broadband as my price has just shot up to almost double what it was.

Impossible to get through to anybody though!

Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks DonnyDriver.

I'm afraid cancelling accounts is something we're unable to do on here as we would help otherwise however the best times to call our Retentions Team are weekdays between 8am and 10 am via 150 / 03454541111 or you may text the Team on 07533051809. The replies are not instant but they will be able to help process your request.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
DonnyDriver
Up to speed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

07533051809 is the number I've been texting. I'm now on the 3rd day of doing this. This morning I got the usual "Do you still need help" - I replied Yes and got a reply saying as was being connected to an agent.

3rd day lucky perhaps or will I get the same runaround again on day 4 maybe? Is this how it is meant to behave or is there something wrong somewhere?

Tags (1)
DonnyDriver
Up to speed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Now into Day 5 of trying to contact VM.

Yesterday I actually got a reply from a human being on the text chat. I replied to their questions ...only to then be replied to by the Bot who put me to the back of the queue again!! AAAGHHHHH !!!

Then, this morning, the same message "Do you still need help?"

Sorry, it's pants!

0 Kudos
DonnyDriver
Up to speed
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

A further update...
On Saturday evening I got connected on the text message service again to someone. We did the haggle over price and they gave me a reasonable offer. I said I just need to talk it over with my wife for a few minutes and was told that was ok "Take your time" they said.
When I came back to give them my reply the 'Bot' answered again and I was put to the back of the queue again!
Sunday came and went with no response at all and this morning (Monday, day eight ) I've got the usual "Do you still need help?"

Is this some sort of sick joke that VM have set up or what? My patience and my relationship with them is wearing very thin now.

0 Kudos