Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband price

Am I the only one paying the old price for broadband when the advertised price on the VirginMedia is considerably less?  I can't change my package online - I wonder why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband price

Phone up.
New customers always get cheaper prices at the time of signing up, as you would have done.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mullane1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Some offer will be uniquely for new customers however if you are no longer in contract, you are welcome to inquire with our team at 0345 454 1111 for other offers. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How come when the price went up over the years I was sent a letter advising me of the price change, but you can't do the same to change my price to reflect the current price which is lower than I am currently paying. There is no need for me to make a phone call, just tell me what I should be paying.

And why can I not make the change online?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mullane1, thanks for the message, we send out letters when there is a price rise explaining that the price will be increasing and give you the option  to cancel or discuss the package with us. We have also started sending out end of contract notifications which will show when the contract ends and offer you another deal. If you are out of contract we recommend that you call the customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 options 1 4 5. or text us on -  07533 051 809 ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As per your reply, my contract has ended so to quote 'We have also started sending out end of contract notifications which will show when the contract ends and offer you another deal.'

There is no need for me to phone anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mullane1,

Have you received any emails from us stating that your contract is/has come to an end? Offers should be included within these emails if you have received them.

Alternatively, you can text us on 0753 305 1809 too and an agent will be happy to perform a package review for you.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I received an email on 29/09/20 which said in part,

'We want you to be on the best package for you. So, here’s a heads-up that your contract has ended, and you’re paying £69.30 a month. We’ll call you within the next few weeks to discuss your current package and to check it still meets your needs'

I still have not received that call.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mullane1, 

Really sorry that you've not had a call from us regarding your package, this isn't good. 

We'd love to ensure you're on the best possible package so please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 111 and we can help from there. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos