Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband only upgrade

Hello,

I am presently on broadband only M350. When I visit the Virgin Media website before signing in, it shows that I am eligible for M500 broadband only (Black Friday Deal) when I enter my postcode. However, upon signing in, my upgrade offers show only M350 with other TV options. Why is it not possible for me to upgrade to M500 only when the infrastructure is in place and I'm willing to pay for it?

I tried calling twice yesterday, but had to end the calls after waiting for close to 30 minutes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband only upgrade

Different packages are offered to new customers and existing customers. 

If you want to upgrade to M500 you need to contact customer services. You may have to take out additional services to get 500mbps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

when you are not signed in it will show you new customer deals. as you are not a new customer you can't have the offers. When you sign in you'll get personalised offers.
Always better to call in for the best deals

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I suppose I would have to ring and ask them. I would have liked to do it online though, considering the waiting periods, especially during these times.

Thank you for your replies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JiggyK, 

Thank you for your post. 

Just as above have mentioned this would need to be done over the phone - you are able to contact the team on; 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin Media landline. The team over there would be able to offer you the best available to you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your replies, all.

I got through, finally, after long waits and have upgraded to M500. Still don't understand why I may not do this online, though. 🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not all offers are available online. Really glad to hear you've got it sorted though 🙂 

Thank you for letting me know. 

Keep safe. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos