Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband disconnected - Virgin's error and still not fixed

Someone else in my neighbourhood was moving, but Virgin cut off my broadband instead of whoever used to live at their new address - they have since come round to pick up their new router, which also came to my address! Four days later my broadband has still not been turned back on.

And it could not have come at a worse time- my girlfriend just started a new job Friday where she had to promise she had access to high-speed broadband, because she can't work in the office due to a case of coronavirus there. She just lost her new job today because of Virgin's mistake - could not work using just a mobile phone. She has been looking for months so this is really terrible.

I am livid!!!!

Virgin customer service have told me variously that a) I made the disconnection request - which was obviously not true; b) the internet would be back on that day; c) the internet will be back on in the morning; d) the internet will be back on in 72 hours. After 72 hours, her new employer gave up and let her go. 

And... still no broadband. I have spent hours on phone, in chat etc., but just get lies and no change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband disconnected - Virgin's error and still not fixed

Hi there @ianschultz 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. Really sorry to hear you've been having these issues with the broadband and that this has had a negative impact on your girlfriend's job, I appreciate this would be frustrating and not the kind of situation we would hope for. 

I'll pop you a private message now to take a look in to this for you 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos