Menu
grabell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Broadband and tv

Upgraded my broadband and TV package October 2020, been unable to get through to talk to someone and the only time I did get through I was passed back and forth to different department then eventually cut off. All I am looking for is to receive delivery of a new WiFi hub I was informed I would require due to the upgrade as my existing hub would not be able to deal with the upgrade. Can someone advise how I can get one of the new hubs required. I tried web contact with no success, also tried web complaint forms 7 times to end with the same result, complaint resolved as we tried to call you with no response, shocking excuse for a company. I see you are still happy to take payment for the full service which you are not providing, does this mean I am due a considerable refund? I have also been advised I will be able to terminate my contract with you with no additional charge to me as your company are in breach of contract. Happy to discuss if a member of your team ever want to get in touch............

Now also noticed my 2nd tv stops working when watching a on demand movie, after 15 mins it cuts off.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband and tv

What package dis you move from -> to?

What Hub do you currently have and what were you promised?

When you say the TV stops on demand movies, is that via a Tivo a V6 or a 360 box? How is that box connected to the Hub - ethernet or wifi? Are there any "messages" when the drops occur?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
grabell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sports package was added to existing package, broadband was supposed to be boosted from 200 to 500, currently have a superhub 2 was advised I required a hub3. 

The issues with the movies cutting on are showed on the 2nd box which is a Tivo and is upstairs not connected to hub. Keeps showing a code which relates to reboot, should not have to reboot everytime I want to watch a movie upstairs. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What does it show in "my account" after you log in on the VM website - what package/speeds does it say you are on. Its correct that if they moved you to the 500 you do need the Hub3 - but did they upgrade your speed package - and are you paying the extra charges for that one?

If so we can ask them why you havent received the Hub3 yet!

Re. TiVo - I havent had one for many years but all the network connectivity does come from the coax - so are there issues accessing other online conent - e.g. iPlayer, CatchUP, ITV HUb, etc?

Are non network channels e.g., BBC/ITV/Sports channels working ok - or do they have problems too

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
grabell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Account states 500 broadband speed and yes I am paying for it and have been since 21st October 2020.

All I want is a new hub and a refund for the time I have went without, I have completed numerous complaint forms asking for this, and on the only time I did get through on the phone only for them to cut me off.

NO other issues on Tivo box upstairs only cuts off movies on demand 15 minutes in to the movie. 

0 Kudos
grabell
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph Bundle M500 Fibre Broadband is the description on my account. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have asked VM to come here and take a look. If it turns out that you have been charged for that package and they haven't provided you with the necessary equipment to receive it - they should refund the charges since October. Make sure you get that sorted

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
grabell
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks

We should not have to revert to this to get a result, VM need to learn to deal with the issues they create. 

Will VM also provide me with a Hub which will work in line with the package they promised. How long should I wait for a response? How will they get in touch? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I will ask again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
grabell
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK so I should see a response on here?

Thanks again for your help, you should be working for VM they would get less complaints with you in there. 

0 Kudos