cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Upgrade Offer, con or not a con

neilus77
On our wavelength

Anyone else had a personalised upgrade offer when they log in to Virgin Media website, I had one saying upgrade to 1gig for an extra £7.15 per month, so click find out more and it says click chat, you do this and they say e can sort this here is your offer £89 per month, however we can see you only pay £45 and our website is saying you only pay an extra £7.15 but £89 is the best we can do.

neilus77_0-1676659286075.png

I am really liking the new ploy to get you interested only to say oh its wrong advertisement or there is an error and then try and real you in with paying an extra £40 per month.

They really need to sort this false advertising out and if it is an error then things need proof reading before being made live on people log in pages and offers/upgrades pages.

Things like this really makes you second think if you are paying for a service from an open and transparent customer focussed company or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Don't waste your time or money on the 1Gb/s service advert.

It is just a hook to tie you into a far high monthly rate that will be impossible to reduce.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Don't waste your time or money on the 1Gb/s service advert.

It is just a hook to tie you into a far high monthly rate that will be impossible to reduce.

neilus77
On our wavelength
Thats what I thought, was told this is an error but we can do it for £89 for the Ultimate bundle when I said no it became £79, all I want is the broadband I dont want sports and movies and a mobile phone, they just keep trying to sell me things I dont want or need.

Very interesting to see the advert for Gig 1 now pictures a Hub 4.

Hasta la vista Hub 5 ?

Hi @neilus77 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community. 

Sorry to hear you received and offer and we have not honoured that offer. I am sorry for any frustration this may be causing you. I would like to raise a complaint on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi! The same thing happened to me too. I got a personalised offer through my account, I accepted it, I got the order number and the summary in email about the new service. Then next day I got an other email about completely different change. And when I asked the customer service they stated because I am an existent customer every change needs come from them not from my personal account. So they cannot provide the package with the upgraded broadband for £36, I’ll need to pay £59 for it. Or I can chose to have only broadband for £36. 

Hello Kvmel.

Welcome to our Community.

Sorry you have had to post your package issue.

It's all sounds a bit confusing to be honest.

I know online offers are different to the offers our phone agents have, which will be why they couldn't match the online offer.

As much as we would like to help, we don't have the support scope on here for issues like this.

It would be best to get back in touch with our Customer Service Team again using the contact options here.

Gareth_L

Keenzo
Up to speed

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

tell them the offer and tell them you can send proof they can honour it and have done previously

Good Luck