Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband+Phone Package Costs - what should they be?

Hi I notice that my VM package cost went up recently.

I have + phone (with talk weekends - which is free, as far as I can see)

This should cost £54.00 per month, at least that is what a new customer rolls onto, once their introductory offer is over.

So naturally, I would expect to pay the same.

However, my broadband + phone line costs £55.50

Anyone got any idea why this might be? Is this what other people are paying?

FYI - I submitted an online complaint on the 28th Aug and received an auto-response, which VM appear to have ignored. That's why I've resorted to this forum.

Cheers for any insight provided.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband+Phone Package Costs - what should they be?

Isn't paper billing about £1.50?

Other than that there are various phone options that cost about that too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same package here with Direct debit and without call charges

M200 talk weekends1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI VM_Octo,

Thanks for posting,

Packages and prices depend on when you take out the deal so it maybe different, but I understand why you'd ask. Have you spoken to the team regarding your account price recently?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You guys should phone up and get a Uk agent im on a much better package than you are for £55

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone for the responses.

As noted by one responder, there's probably some option that I'm not aware of and not making use of. (I have paperless billing, so it's not that.)

When I've a spare hour, I'll try contacting VM to sort this out.

My view is that VM should provide a better breakdown of billing and contracts online.

I shouldn't have to phone up and sit in a queue for ages, just to know what I'm paying for.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just an update on this,

I called VM and the assistant was unable to satisfactorily explain the reason for the difference. I have M200 + phone line rental + talk weekend and no other extras. If I was a new customer rolling off the initial offer, this would cost £54.00

The only explanation given, was that I was previously on around £52, which is less than the £54 standard charge. So this might be some sort of balancing act, which is ridiculous, given that previous £52.00  charge wasn't a discounted rate that I'd asked for.

Ultimately, I got the price knocked back to £52 for 6 months, after which it will go back to £55.50.

So not very satisfactory, given I'll need to be back on the phone in 6 month's time.

I could play the retentions game but I do get a good service from VM and don't want to move but I resent the penny-pinching lack of pricing transparency. A package should cost the same, irrespective of when you took that package out.

I've been with TeleWest and then VM for more than 20 years and that should garner some benefits but instead it feels like an opportunity to exploit loyal customer inertia. (A sentiment that I'm sure has been expressed many times on this forum and is an issue across all utilities, I know.)

Cheers

0 Kudos