cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Cancellation is proving impossible!

Neilpeel59
Tuning in

I have been trying unsuccessfully to close my Virgin media broadband account since 28th July 2023 during which time I am still being billed!

I have written to Virgin media three times to the address listed on the website as well as being held on the phone for hours which eventually just gets cut-off.

I have a screen print of my efforts to cancel via web chat showing over 24 hours of going round in circles getting nowhere.

This is proving to be highly stressful. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you use a signed-for delivery service for the letters and obtain a date/time of delivery?

Cancelling by signed-for post is normally one of the more successful routes to cancel as reported in topics on here.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you use a signed-for delivery service for the letters and obtain a date/time of delivery?

Cancelling by signed-for post is normally one of the more successful routes to cancel as reported in topics on here.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Neilpeel59

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue with your contract cancellation

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, yes I have now (third letter), but it's depressing that VM seem to just ignore everything. Talk about trashing the Virgin brand!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You now have a possible route to cancellation by one of the forum team here via PM.

Depending on how that goes, it might influence any contribution you might want to make to the OFCOM investigation into VM's cancellation processes.

OFCOM launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.

LottaM
Tuning in

Any time I've tried to cancel my contract end date just gets pushed out on my contract. I feel your pain

Yes  it's an absolute disgrace. I've got plenty of evidence of my attempts to cancel 7 weeks ago so will go through a legal process to try and recover the money. There's no guarantee of success but It's about the principle not the money and I'll feel better about it.

Wish me luck! 

The Communications Ombudsman would be your route for escalation beyond VM (and it is free to you to do so).

https://www.commsombudsman.org/

Formal complaint to VM first of all is a required step (but most likely will be unproductive). After 8 weeks from formally complaining to VM, or earlier with a deadlock letter, you can escalate to arbitration.