cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking contract, lying and taking punitive action against a 20 year customer

Edfb
Settling in

With fixed price in current contract terms they increased my monthly payment. I complained by phone and 3 days of chats and some which were responded to positively but then each time I get email saying it was resolved with advise!! Lying

i eventually got an acceptance of incorrect increase by email and then phone call saying they were fixing it by issuing a new contract, they did not do it, so I emailed again, and they did it! However with over 100% increment on last day of old contract! And further 7 month extension

i asked if I could therefor cancel without penalty on the last day of old contract. they responded by saying they agree to cancel and will terminate in 1 month!!!

I’ve written to ofcom but the resolution service requires 8 weeks which will be a pointless exercise as I will have been cut off!

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Edfb 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced some issues when contacting our team due to a rise in your package price. There can be a few reasons for this, such as an expired contract, or our annual price rise, which is communicated in your Terms and Conditions.

To clarify, have you raised this directly to an Independent Adjudicator, who has acknowledged the request? Please be aware, that if a new contract is issued, then then would be for a set period of time, for example, 18 or 24 months. What did our team advise when the contacted you? How long ago were the changes made?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ