Menu
VMC001_
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Breakdown of bundle costs

How do I identify how much I am paying for Virgin Media broadband as it is not obvious in my monthly statement?  I simply want to separate the various elements.  Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Breakdown of bundle costs

You won't get this, it's simply not how Virgin Media operate - and in some cases, not how Ofcom allow things to be done.

You purchase a bundle of services from VM, and pay a price for that bundle. That is, literally, how it is.

You can use the build your bundle site to get an idea of constituent prices, but that's the limit of what you'll get. Once bundle & package discounts start being applied, these will not be itemised or broken down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VMC001_
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

I should like to know how much I pay monthly for broadband.  This is not immediately transparent to me as I pay for a bundle.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
VMC001_
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. That's helpful but disappointing. Now that I WFH, my business will pay half of my monthly broadband costs but I need to prove what I am paying! Presumably I will have to jump ship to another provider who can give me the necessary transparency?
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

The price for a bundle isn't made up of separate prices. You get a discount for buying the items all together.

The best you could do is to check online the price of a new contract for broadband only.

Why do you need to know?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media is a residential service, and business use is not supported.  You could go to the Virgin Business site and find the price for a business line.

0 Kudos
pistonbroke
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ring customer services and ask for a VAT receipt

it breaks down the costs of each service and your discounts 

I tried for ages to get the basic cost of each service, probably all fiction but it looks good  

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But usually they will say a bundle is cheaper than broadband alone.

at least that is what the always tell me when I try to reduce the content of my package... you know, up is down, more is less, in Virgin’s insane pricing designed to confuse and allow them to bulldoze through their customers

0 Kudos