cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breach of contract, lied to, apologised to, contract agreed and now account suspended!!!!!!

jimmo55
Joining in

I've had 4 or 5 months of incompetence from Virgin where representatives have simply lied to me (and this has been acknowledged by the "ExecutiveTeam@virginmedia.co.uk") about the cost of my contract, have made changes to my contract without my agreement and created a debt that didn't exist. I finally spoke to someone who seemed to have a bit of sense on Monday (Kamran Khan, Care Team based in India) and who purported to have sorted everything out, again. The result - my services have been cut off!!!!!!!!!  Does anyone at this company have a clue what they're doing??  

The last I looked Breach of Contract is illegal.  Let's test that out, shall we??!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your route of escalation is to CISAS.  Main criteria are that you must have formally complained to VM (as you have) and that must either be more than eight weeks since the complaint started, or before eight weeks by getting a deadlock letter from VM.  Give as much detail to CISAS as you can, identify each failing that you are unhappy about, and that you're asking for compensation against.  Also, don't forget to complain to Ofcom about VM's poor complaint handling. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your route of escalation is to CISAS.  Main criteria are that you must have formally complained to VM (as you have) and that must either be more than eight weeks since the complaint started, or before eight weeks by getting a deadlock letter from VM.  Give as much detail to CISAS as you can, identify each failing that you are unhappy about, and that you're asking for compensation against.  Also, don't forget to complain to Ofcom about VM's poor complaint handling. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jimmo55, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with getting your account and charges sorted. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Lauram84
Just joined

Exact same thing has happened to me 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lauram84,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had a similar experience to the original poster.

Can you tell us a little more about what happened and what your experience was?

Has this issue been resolved, or are you still impacted by this?

Please let us know so that we can assist.

Thank you. 🙂 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

unisoft
Well-informed

@jimmo55 wrote:

I've had 4 or 5 months of incompetence from Virgin where representatives have simply lied to me (and this has been acknowledged by the "") about the cost of my contract, have made changes to my contract without my agreement and created a debt that didn't exist. I finally spoke to someone who seemed to have a bit of sense on Monday (Kamran Khan, Care Team based in India) and who purported to have sorted everything out, again. The result - my services have been cut off!!!!!!!!!  Does anyone at this company have a clue what they're doing??  

The last I looked Breach of Contract is illegal.  Let's test that out, shall we??!!

Do consider making Ofcom aware of the issue faced by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom

Breach of contract, if they charge you more than it was agreed in the contract, ask you bank to cancel Direct Debit - just make a claim about wrong payment taken from Direct Debit.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure of the difference between cancelling your direct debit, and making a claim under the direct debit guarantee

The two are different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks