cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brassed off with Virgin

Gdkell59
Tuning in
  • I moved house recently and have had nothing but trouble either my Virgin account since. Before moving I phoned Virgin to tell them the details. I would only need 1 tivo box instead of the 2 I had at my existing property.  I was offered a reduction on my account or Sky sports for a pound more than I was paying. 

When I phoned back to take up the offer I was told there was no record of it, but not to worry they would sort it out. I then get an email for almost double the agreed amount. Phone them up again, oh I'm sorry I don't know what has happened there don't  worry we'll sort it. I had a rolling credit request put in place . So this has been going on for over a month now. We me having to phone Virgin , never a phone call from them. Finally I spoke to someone last Thursday when I was told my contract was £24.00 a month more than agreed . To which I said I hadn't agreed to this contract and wanted to leave. Oh your tied in now and it will cost over £800.00 for you to do so. I've now put in a complaint, although I haven't heard anything yet and it wouldn't surprise me if I don't heard at all. Their customer service is shocking,  17 years loyal service obviously stands for nothing. Totally disappointed with Virgin and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. 

9 REPLIES 9

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Yup VM customer service is shocking. You are now outside of the 14 day cooling off period. However all calls to VM are recorded and you can hold them to the agreement under contract law and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 via a subject access request paired with your formal complaint. Escalate to the Ombudsman as required. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gdkell59,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that this has been happening since you have moved house, I would certainly like to go about trying to resolve this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm a few pieces of information with you so that I can review this. For this I will go about sending you a private message now so that we can look into this.

Joe

The Ombudsman won't take up my case until it's ongoing for 8 weeks 

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gdkell59,

Great to have that quick chat with you to go about sorting out your account, if you do have any future issues or questions do please let us know.

Joe

Hi Joe, tomorrow is Thursday a week since I put in a complaint with the on-line chat service. I was told to wait 3/5 days and I'd hear from Virgin,  yet nothing.  Have you got an update for me?

Thanks Geoff 

Sorry to hear you have not heard back regarding your complaint raised last week. Have you checked here for updates?  https://virg.in/mycases

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The online chat complaint hadn't  been registered by the operator, surprise surprise. I've had to complete an online complaint form of my own, which is open at the moment. Yet again let down by Virgin customer service. Shocking. 

Hi @Gdkell59 👋.

Apologies for the issues that you have had in submitting a complaint via our online operator. Can I ask is the complaint in relation to the previous post? We would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this matter further. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Yes my complaint is regarding my brassed off post and Virgins atrocious customer service