Menu
richardshughes
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box Deactivated

Hello,

I'm really not sure what has happened to Virgin Media, but this company is honestly a nightmare to have to deal with. I have wasted hours of my time trying to deal with multiple operators with little success.

I started my fun journey on the 9th of Feb at around 5pm. I called Virgin Media as I wanted to upgrade my broadband from M200 to M350 (M350 is the highest for my area unfortunately). I also wanted to re-add and re-activate a Tivo box that I had removed from my account 3 months ago. Virgin Media never sent out packaging to return this box and after chatting with the first operator, apparently it was possible to re-add the Tivo box that I already had.

I started the process via SMS as their phone line was very busy. I got passed to 3-4 different operators until it reached 8pm, where I stopped getting a response? I thought maybe they had closed for the day... so I replied the next day, to have to go through the entire process again of confirming who I am and explaining what I need? This is the part where it gets incredibly annoying as the operator at this point couldn't verify my password, the same password which was successfully verified the day before. At this point, I gave up and went back to the phone and waited half an hour to speak to someone.

I got through to someone and again verified who I was and explained what I needed. Everything at this point seemed to be going well, finally ... until I had to chat with another operator to be told that what the previous operator told me, wasn't correct! The operator told me that my broadband upgrade would be instant and an engineer had to be sent out (£35 charge) to re-activate the Tivo box that I already had ...

The next operator I chatted with was via the online chat on the Virgin Media app. They told me that the broadband upgrade and the Tivo activation would be done on the same day and that it wasn't possible to get the broadband upgrade immediately as mentioned by the previous operator. I got quite annoyed at this point and asked if I could talk with relations. Several minutes after asking to be put through to relations, the operator came back to tell me that they had spoken to their manager and that they will now cancel the order that had been made, upgrade my broadband right away and he would get his manager to re-add and re-activate my Tivo box. At this point, I thought ... FINALLY! I'm finally getting somewhere, well .. of course, that didn't fully happen. I got the broadband upgrade yes, but I was told that I'd get a call back within the next hour from his manager to let me know that everything had been sorted, that of course didn't happen and the Tivo was was still de-activated.

The next day, 11th of Feb. I check the Tivo box and you'd never believe it, it still wasn't active. I left it on during the night on the hopes that some magic would occur and the box would be active in the morning. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, I again call Virgin Media and speak to another operator (lost count now) and verify myself again and go through the process of having to explain everything again. The operator then puts me on hold for a few minutes as they couldn't find the Tivo box on my account, but eventually they found it and sent a signal to activate it. Finally I thought, when I seen the error message vanish from the screen, the box is ACTIVE!! Then, little behold one of my V6 boxes are now no longer ACTIVE.

I genuinely don't know what Virgin Media are doing but I can't get a resolution to this problem. I have wasted hours of my time trying to get this resolved via call, sms and online chat via the Virgin App. I'm now attempting to seek support via this forum. I don't understand what is difficult to understand that I have the following:

2 * V6 Boxes
1 * Tivo Box
1 * Landline
1 * M350 Broadband

I now for whatever reason, have the above MINUS one V6 box.

I would greatly appreciate it if somebody here could help me resolve this problem as I'm honestly getting to the point where I'm going to leave Virgin Media.

Regards,
Richard

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Deactivated

I've moved your post to the account management section of the board which is more likely to get a staff response.

Without having read every last detail of your post (and trying to help the staff team get to the root of the issue here), am I correct to assume this seems to boil down to the activation issues...

The reactivation of a previously disconnected (but not returned?) TiVo then meant an active V6 was deactivated? These things do sometimes happen, sadly.

How many additional boxes are you paying for on your monthly bills? And were the serial numbers of all the boxes that "should be" active, specifically cross-checked?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

richardshughes
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

Thank you for that and for your reply! That's correct, this was for the reactivation of a previously disconnected (but not returned) TiVo box. The reactivation of this has caused one of my V6 boxes to be deactivated and removed from my account (no longer shows when I do a diagnostic test on my Virgin Media).

[MOD EDIT: Removed] (TiVo box which is now active)
[MOD EDIT: Removed] (V6 box that was deactivated when the TiVo box was reactivated)
[MOD EDIT: Removed] (TiVo service number for currently active V6 box, can't find the serial number for this box in settings?)

In regards to the bill, I'm honestly not sure. Previously, prior to November last year, I was paying for 3 TV boxes (2 V6's and 1 TiVo). I requested to have the TiVo box cancelled on November 2020 as it was no longer in use. Matters have changed and now I require this box to be reinstated. Earlier this morning, when I checked my account, 3 TV boxes were present - 2 V6's and 1 TiVo. Now I only have 1 V6 and 1 TiVo. The last person I spoke to on the phone told me that there is a problem with my account and that their manager would call me this afternoon?

Regards,
Richard

0 Kudos
richardshughes
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After 3 days of trying to have this matter resolved and speaking to various operators via sms, phone, online chat via the app and this forum ... I can now confirm that this matter has now finally been resolved, I genuinely can't believe it.

I just want to say that the overall experience has been an absolute nightmare. I'm not normally one to complain but this experience was ridiculous and 3 days for a resolution to a simple request with operators telling me the complete opposite to what the last operator told me... is beyond a joke. I fully understand that we are still in a global pandemic, but I'm still serving IT at work remotely from home. Why Virgin Media, being such a large company, feel it acceptable to diminish their support base, making it literally impossible to actually get anything resolved. Sadly, I will be submitting a complaint after this as I've wasted so much time trying to get a solution to this where it literally took the last operator I spoke to on the phone, no longer than 30 minutes to resolve?
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi richardshughes, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the box and that it was deactivated. I am glad to hear that you were able to get in touch and get this resolved.Please let us know if you need anything and thanks for reaching out on the forums. Chris

0 Kudos