cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking VM Install Engineer without an Account

B1LL6
Tuning in

Hi forum

Engineers visit today for a new install. They can't progress and need to call in Kellys to re-lay the cable, that appointment is in a few weeks which leaves us without service.

Anyway, following that I obviously want the VM engineers back asap to get us connected. 

As I'm not currently a customer I can't register for an account (I've tried and failed) - So is there anyway I can contact VM to book this appointment now?

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @B1LL6, thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to get the service started when you originally wanted this to happen, unfortunately delays can occur during the install process.

You would need to speak to the Pre-Installs Team who can inform you of the further steps necessary on this, it's very likely that you will receive contact in the coming days from this team anyway but if you want to beat them to it, the best way to get in touch is by calling 0345 454 1111, following options 1, 3 and 1 again. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need any further support.

Many thanks

Tom_W

13 minutes on hold on that number listening to horrific euro pop and then ..... cut off.

This is a horrific start to a new client relationship. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @B1LL6 thanks for your post although I'm very sorry to hear you wasn't able to get through successfully.

If there needs to be some cabling work done to install your services, then regrettably this is not something we can always do immediately after the failed install.

Please be assured that the pre-install team will be working to get to you as soon as possible and provide you with updates on what is happening.

Or have you been able to get through since your post a few hours ago?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @Tom_W thank you for replying again.

No I haven't been able to attempt another phone call.

When the VM Engineer was here I was given a date that Kellys had now been booked for an appointment for that cabling work.

I've since had automated text messages confirming the same date (but as Virgin Media, not Kellys the third party).

I've then had automated text messages saying that 'before' that date 'we need to do some external work'. This gives me the impression that the appointment I'm given is not for Kellys but for Virgin?

I'm rearranging work and family commitments to be available and frustrated by the delay and loss of service.

If there is a Virgin employee who could contact me directly to resolve I'd be very grateful.

Thank you.

Hi @B1LL6 thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, we are quite limited in how we can help with Pre-Install issues here at the Community, which is why there is a dedicated team for this over on the phones.

Nevertheless, I can certainly take a look at your account to see what's happening and push things where I can - I can also raise a complaint for you and get this escalated to the pre-installs tean.

Please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly, where I'll ask you to confirm some security details - kindly expect this soon and respnd directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W