Menu
jamieblackford
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Black Friday Deal frustration!

This Black Friday I received a promotional offer from virgin media telling me I have an exclusive offer available to me for being a loyal customer.

this offer included:

m500 Broadband

Maxit tv with BT Sport Ultimate in 4K Ultra HD and top Sky channels in HD

talk weekends

£60 month for 18 months then £100 month after.

My current contract has expired and I’m on a rolling contract paying £54.99 a month for the player bundle.

I accepted this offer through the links on the email and received a confirmation email from virgin saying we’ve received your order and your upgrade is being processed. After a week of receiving nothing I phoned virgin media who have no record of me accepting the offer and that the offer is no longer available to me (even though I have a confirmation email) I was out through to another agent who told me the deal was wrong as this would be a crazy price for the m500 broadband included. She offered me the extra channels in the new maxit tv package for the £60 price instead. Can’t help but feel I’ve been hard done by here and to run salt into the wounds for there’s a better promotional offer than I was offered on the phone to new customers right now. Annoyed and getting tired of being loyal to virgin and when you do finally receive an offer for being a loyal customer there’s an error. I think il be cancelling soon.

dibbydoos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black Friday Deal frustration!

• That's a trading standards complaint, do it online, there are laws around stuff like this, just recheck that it was virgin who sent the offer first, but yeah once trading standards investigate,, they'd have to honor it.
0 Kudos
jamieblackford
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0CDAA628-5F4D-4E79-B86D-A2E9D358AE71.png

 Certainly was from VM, here’s my email confirmation 

0 Kudos
jamieblackford
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

65F7E95C-3BD3-48C9-8E91-1799FC0EC5B3.png

 And here’s part of the email they sent me with the offer

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the offer issue jamieblackford. Can you log into your online account and check what package and contract on there? Does it show anything different to what you accepted? I'm not sure when the order was placed but there may have been some delays in our back office in building the order if you accepted it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos