Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Black Friday Deal - Missing HD Sports

Got an Offer email, for extra £13 to get sports HD and extra channels, took up offer, but not got the Sports in HD, any ideas?

Got Sky Sports but not in HD, (only News & Mix) expected all the channels....no mention in the T&Cs of only some

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 14.10.25.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black Friday Deal - Missing HD Sports

Hi harker0,

Regrades can take around 48 hours to process unless done over the phone as agents need to manually update the account.

Have you tried forcing a channel update? It normally takes around 15 minutes.

Using your remote control

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply

It has not worked, I got all the other extra channels, like BT sport, but not Sky Sports Channels in HD as advertised, I have SD Sky sports which I did not have before, so some new channels added 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello @harker0

Welcome back to our Community and thanks so much for your post - I am sorry to hear about your issues after you have taking out one of our Black Friday offers. When checking this package, it does not usually include the paid for Sky Channels in HD - only Sky Sports Mix and Sky Sports News. 

I have checked the marketing for this particular offer and can't see the paid for Sky Sports channels listed in the line up for HS; these channels are an additional £7. Do you have the original communication to advise they would be included and we'll be happy to take a closer look for you. 

On looking at your account, the package has been added as advertised within the marketing. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply, the marketing just stated SkySports HD, nowhere does it define what channels are included or not, so I feel this is not clear.

I was expecting all HD channels, I included the screenshot in 1st post, and below is the T&Cs from email, if you would like me to forward to a particular emails I can do.

Thank

A new 18 month minimum term will apply to your services if you choose to upgrade. You may need to pay a fee if you end the service early during your minimum term. Offer ends 11.59pm 30 November 2020. Bigger Bundle M350 Broadband Talk Weekend at £70 a month for 18 months. Standard pricing applies from month 19, currently £119 per month. Offer available to the named recipient invited by email to receive this offer only. Service usually upgraded within 48 hours, but in case of exceptional demand may take up to 5 working days. Bundle costs do not include existing add-ons and extras on your package, such as paper billing or non-Direct Debit charges, or home phone add-ons like Talk International. You will continue to receive and be charged extra for these. The home phone and broadband elements in your new bundle will replace any existing home phone or broadband products you currently have. May not be used with any other offer unless stated. We may withdraw or amend the discount if you change any part of your package including downgrading a bundle service. TV: Content available depends on TV package. Content and features may change at any time during the contract. UHD TV required for 4K UHD. HD TV required for HD channels. V6 box and other equipment remain property of Virgin Media. Broadband: †Speeds refer to download speeds unless stated otherwise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT

any update

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was also considering taking this deal so confirmation would be appreciated, if the Sky Sports channels aren't in HD I'm not interested but it certainly seems like they should be from the wording in the email

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey jwob2,

Sorry for any confusion here, we have picked this up with our legal teams as it is misleading ,It’s not 100% incorrect as there are some Sky sports channels available in HD, the full ‘SKY HD’ package is not included in these offers for free.

If you signed up for the package and found this to be misleading, please give our customer services team a call on 0345 454 1111 or via text on 07530 305 1809 to report this as misleading and we maybe able to provide the extra channels as a goodwill gesture for the confusion.

Regards

Steven_L