Menu
ijamlon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bizarre situation - ghost broadband account

After half a day of conversations with 4 different Virgin people and no result, I am left in the strangest situation. Here’s the story....

On 12th March I signed up for broadband and landline, I received by email from Virgin a contract with my account number and all my correct details, an installation date, and a first bill estimate. A direct debit with the account number was set up at my bank, though no payments have yet been taken. 

On 1st April, as planned, the fibre cable was drilled through my wall, attached to a new Virgin media hub box by a friendly and efficient installer. The very fast internet and landline worked and still do. We weren’t given any other paperwork that day except for a Wi-fi code

A few days later I wanted to look at my account and to maybe add additional services like TV.   But it turns out my account does not exist. Neither the account number, my name, phone number, address, email nor any record of any Virgin service to my home can be found. My broadband service and me simply don’t exist in the Virgin system, although, as mentioned before, I have working fast Virgin broadband and landline.

Multiple calls and hours with a merry go round of polite Virgin staff all ended with the same outcome. “Can’t help, never seen this before, you don’t exist in our system. There is no solution. Try someone else.” I think one person thought I was making it all up!

I have no idea what will happen now. Will I be charged at month end? I doubt it as the direct debit is set up with an account reference that apparently doesn’t exist.  Is someone else being charged for my broadband?  Will I get it for free or will I be suddenly cut off. In the meantime I can’t make any changes to my service and have no idea how long the service will last. It is vital for work and would be very frustrating to lose it. 

Virgin seem to have no way to identify who my broadband has been registered to by for example using the Hub serial number or IP address. 

Unless someone can come up with an answer I think the only solution might be to just apply for broadband installation all over again from scratch.  I guess the installers will be rather confused when they arrive!  

Any other ideas welcome !

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bizarre situation - ghost broadband account

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome, I am sorry to hear we aren't able to locate your account with all the information you had provided.

Is this a new build and part of the deal with the house or is it something you set up yourself?

If you set it up I will be happy to try to help, to do this I will need to invite you into a private chat so I can get some further details, I will send you a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

ijamlon
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bizarre situation - ghost broadband account

Hi and thanks, it’s something I set up myself, it’s an old house. I used to have Vodafone broadband and signed up via the Virgin text service / online live helper in mid March. 
best 

James 

0 Kudos