Menu
coocoo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bills

I paid the last part of my bill on 16th of this month. This morning I wake to ‘your  Virginmedia bill is ready’. It’s only the 31st today. Seems to me we pay a bill and end up with another on top of that last one. Not only that it’s gone up.

I hope the price rise reflects a better service. In the meantime I will be looking who shall be my new provider. £68.00 a month and no movies or football is rediculous.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bills

Hi there @coocoo

I'm so sorry to hear you are having this issue with your bill and I'm so sorry to hear your unhappy with your services at the moment. 

Your bill is produced once a month in advance, it doesn't mean that the bill is due right now, its just your bill for the next month. You should be able to view your payment due date at the top of the bill. 

If you want to have a look at possible changing or improving your deal you can have a look at our existing customer deals here

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As a Virgin Media customer, you pay for your services in advance. For example, you pay in March for April’s services.

The billing date is the date your bill was finalised, and the day you will be  billed each month.

If you’ve chosen to pay by Direct Debit, this is the date VM request payment from your bank or building society. I

f you’ve not opted to pay by Direct Debit, this is the date that your payment must reach VM.

It's the first price rise for 18 months.

You may have also been on a discounted offer which has ended.

You can call VM  and speak to either Regrades or retentions and negotiate a new deal in exchange for a new 18 month contract.

Call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from ay other line. The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@coocoo wrote:

£68.00 a month and no movies or football is rediculous.

As a general comment, without knowing details of the rest of your package - quoting a figure is largely meaningless.

I've just priced up a Mixit TV bundle with a couple of personal picks, added top-tier phone & M500 internet - and got a monthly price well in excess of £68, which won't include any sports or premium movie channels.

My point being, that every package is different and the price always depends what different combinations of services you want. Have a play with the build a bundle site, and try to negotiate a small discount on the standard price in exchange for a new 18month contract. Assuming you stay with VM, of course - you might find a different provider does suit your needs better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos