Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Billing wrong after package change

I changed  my package in January from big kahuna to broadband only at a rate of £27 per month. As instructed I made a double payment for january to bring me up to date I did get the promised credit in February.  Virgin now say I owe over £100, as far as I can see they have continued to charge me the £83 for the tv package. I get demands to pay from no reply email addresses  and the chatbots times out.

I cannot setup a direct debit as I do not want the wrong amount to be taken.

I cannot have the broadband disconnected as I need it for work, is there a number to call to sort this out?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing wrong after package change

Hi Micky,

I hope you are well. 

With regards to the billing, may I apologise for the issues you've faced here. 

The best way to get this sorted would be to speak to the accounts team directly. 

Can I ask if you have raised a case with the team on 07533051809. 

I hope this helps 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's the SMS only number that takes me through choices and then times out at the point that it tries to handover to a person. I've tried that three times over three weeks.

Quite how you can hand off with, 'it might be an hour before someone responds' is beyond me, you expect people to stay on hold for an hour or more? Can you confirm that someone ever picks up these text contacts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delays in the team getting back to you MickyTheHippo via our messenger service.

As you can appreciate we're all really busy at the moment given the current situation, we're working hard to respond to all messages as quickly as possible and as long as you haven't received a message with a survey to rate the service the message thread will still be open.

This will be picked up as soon as we can.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I understand all that, my concern is that the response function has slowed or stopped but the pay or we cut you off function is running at the usual speed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We understand the frustration, we have put some measures in place to help keep customers connected during these difficult trying times. We're extremely busy as you can imagine but working flat out.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

one is automated and pone is banned. COVID-19 only effects one of them groups 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to someone after an hour on the phone, they agreed with me in full that the billing was all wrong and agreed that I'd had the exact same conversation at the start of the month, apparently a manager had not authorised a rolling credit. Today I see that £100 has been credited leaving me with a 48.50 to pay which still makes no sense to me as I am now on £27 a month. MyBills still shows me as owing £148 and i get various messages that my account is suspended and my 200mb broadband is running at 20mb which is annoying, I must have spent a total of eight hours on the phone since my package change that went through perfectly at the time, all these issue result from someone not actioning the changes correctly at the time and still not done despite some efforts to fix it, getting very sick of this.

0 Kudos