Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Billing shenanigans

Received an email from Rachel Barrass at 10.04 this morning telling me my current package is £71.25 per month (but due to go up to £81).  I then received another email at 14.36 telling me my bill this month (which has no extras) is ready.  Only it's £75.47...

Which is it Virgin?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing shenanigans

Your package price is going up part way through a billing month, hence the amount which is between the two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so why did the first email tell me my package is a certain price when actually that price is incorrect?  Surely that is no different to walking into a supermarket, putting a 50p apple in your basket and then being told at the checkout the price has gone up to 60p?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You answered your own question.

The first email advises the package price and what it goes up to.

As I said, the package price goes up part way through a billing month.

All communications and bills are correct.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have to disagree that all communications and bills are correct.  It is disingenuous to send me an email with one price and then another several hours later with a different price.  The first email was misleading.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The first email correctly advised your current and future package price. That does not advise billing amount.

The second advises your bill, given the circumstances I previously tried to explain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why should the package price differ from the actual amount on the bill?  The price should be the price.  End of.  

I don't think we're going to agree on this but thanks for your input!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Martyboy78 wrote:

Why should the package price differ from the actual amount on the bill?  The price should be the price.  End of.  

I don't think we're going to agree on this but thanks for your input!

The package prices quoted are for a whole month and will match the bill where everything stays the same during the whole month. If you have a time limited price where it is due to change on certain date, and that date is through a billing period, then you'll get a variation.

So say you have bill than runs from 1st - 30th of a month, but you have an offer that ends on the 15th of a month.

Where the bill is produced in the month the offer ends you'll have a bill that's made up of parts of the two different package prices. One that's charged between 1st - 14th, and another from the 15th - 30th.

So in the above example, if your price after the offer ends is £10 more per month that you have been paying, you'd see £5 more on the bill as the new price is being charged for half the month and not the whole month.

In reality the change and part pricing change will vary depending on the period the bill covers and the date the offer ends.

The same part month changes happen where you reduce or remove services and a credit is applied, as well as where there are increases.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos