Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Billing / recontract issue

Hi Guys,

I completed a recontract over the phone at the weekend but I’ve had second thoughts and decided I’d prefer a rolling contract instead. 

I called in this morning to explain and was told no problem. Contract update came through with a 12 month minimum term. Called billing who said I had to speak to retentions. Spoke with retentions, no problem - that’s all gone through for you. Guess what? New 12 month contract. 

I’m not sure if it’s the way the advisors are processing it, or it can’t be done, or some other issue - but I’m being put in a position where I’ve got no choice but to close the account if I can’t get it sorted. 

Anyone else had similar issues? Or able to offer any help? 

Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing / recontract issue

The only rolling contract you will get at the end of a minimum contract period is the end of contract (high) price.

Any Retention deal with a lower price comes, quite rightly, with a new minimum contract period as your side of the deal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing / recontract issue

Hi Ernie,

I understand that - and obviously given that I’m no longer willing to recontract I’m happy to pay the higher price - that’s no issue. 

The issue is “no problem, we’ve swapped you to a rolling contract with no minimum term, at a higher price of x per month” - followed by an email which confirms a minimum term of 12 months. 

shouldn’t this be a simple case of cancelling the repackage I did at the weekend and reverting my account to the state it was in at the end of the contract? Everyone on the phone tells me it is, and that it’s been processed, but then the confirmation email says there’s a new minimum term. 

0 Kudos