cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing post transfer to O2

Bocks
Tuning in

Only good thing about VM .....?

One good thing about VM is the speed of fibre when it works. Otherwise, the worst customer support of any company I have ever encountered. They do everything possible to avoid straightforward positive interaction with customers ..... helplines, FAQ's, member pages ...... all designed to avoid responding like ...... erm ..... customer service. Billing for O2 now separate from the media account but I have never used their mobile service. So, I rejected the transfer and shouldn't be paying the £25 to O2 - but the VM bill has stayed the same! Someone doesn't do basic arithmetic methinks. Get in touch with customer service ...... who? ..... a bot. Would be useful to speak to a human with authority to make decisions.  Absolutely woeful.

Added 15.09.23 - you couldn't make this up ..... reply from VM;

"Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re very sorry to hear that you feel this way and we’re keen to know more so we can help put things right.

Please get in touch using one of the following contact methods;

Call: 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone
FB option, WhatsApp option, etc, etc."

So, called landline x 5, each time going through bot menu system. Hung up automatically twice, sent a link back to website twice and finally referred back to the main menu! Looked at forum and folk are having exactly the same issue with their bill not being deducted by the £25 if not using O2.

The effort required to speak to so-called customer service is worse than a joke. Its just not funny.

However, VM have responded to my formal complaint so I'll be fine ......... well, not quite;

"We’ll look into it and get back to you with what we find and hopefully agree on a resolution with you. We’ll try to do this as quickly as we can, but please give us up to 28 days to look into things properly."

28 DAYS IS DOING IT AS QUICKLY AS THEY CAN!! STILL NO HUMAN CONTACT. Whoops. Ive accidentally fallen into a Monty Python argument sketch!

Update on 16.09.23
Finally received a contact from VM on WhatsApp which took hours to follow with delays to our messaging conversation. In the end ..... wait for it ...... it's not our issue to manage as it in reference to a bill from O2!!!!

In addition, on my account the complaint has been removed whilst unresolved. Unbelievable.

Complaint sent to Ofcom who are apparently already investigating Virgin Media. Oh dear, it just gets worse .....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bocks
Tuning in

Update 18.09.23

My complaint has been addressed at last .... don't get excited!

If anyone can explain what the hell this means, please get in touch. I'll miss out the preamble thanking me for being a loyal customer for 13 yrs, blah, blah blah (copied from template) nonsense.

Here's the summary;

Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Customer Experience ->Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal feedback provided

We hope this works for you.

We’ll keep your complaint open for 28 days from now just in case you still want to talk through your options. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111 if you’re not completely happy with the resolution.

If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you’re satisfied with everything and close your complaint.

Anyone? "Customer Experience ->Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal feedback provided". Gobbledygook!!

My bill is £111. O2 want £25. I said no. Resulting bill should be £86. It's still £111. Forgive me but I just don't see what's complicated here. Luckily, I'm on a rolling contract as the bots and WhatsApp folk could not compute anything other than an upgrade (there's a surprise!). Ofcom informed and new providers being readied to take over from this bunch of incompetent pillocks.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Bocks
Tuning in

Update 18.09.23

My complaint has been addressed at last .... don't get excited!

If anyone can explain what the hell this means, please get in touch. I'll miss out the preamble thanking me for being a loyal customer for 13 yrs, blah, blah blah (copied from template) nonsense.

Here's the summary;

Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Customer Experience ->Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal feedback provided

We hope this works for you.

We’ll keep your complaint open for 28 days from now just in case you still want to talk through your options. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111 if you’re not completely happy with the resolution.

If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you’re satisfied with everything and close your complaint.

Anyone? "Customer Experience ->Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal feedback provided". Gobbledygook!!

My bill is £111. O2 want £25. I said no. Resulting bill should be £86. It's still £111. Forgive me but I just don't see what's complicated here. Luckily, I'm on a rolling contract as the bots and WhatsApp folk could not compute anything other than an upgrade (there's a surprise!). Ofcom informed and new providers being readied to take over from this bunch of incompetent pillocks.

Timwilky
Fibre optic

VM totally screwed up billing for those on contracts with included mobile sims such a ultimate oomph. In my case I only knew when I got a text to say my phone was cut off for non payment despite having paid VM £120 by direct debit.  I have never received any contract from O2, payment details etc. only when I got the text did I get any account details to be able to access the O2 site and was able to make a card payment to get back on line. and despite always paying by direct debit, that was not transferred and my payment terms were recorded as cheque.

Well the good people on this site resolved my issues.

1) future payments reduced to remove phone element

2) Credited the previous phone element to my account reducing this months bill by a further £25.

I am sure the support team will reach out requesting all sort of account details, then get your contracted updated to reflect you no longer have an included mobile sim.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Hi @Timwilky 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues you are having with your package. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina