Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing oddity

After receiving the August price increase letter I renegotiated and started a new contract so my monthly bill is supposed to be £31.50 until March 2020.

However the following month my bill showed £35 (i.e. the increase under the previous contract had been applied to the new contract). I contacted support and they added a £3.50 credit to the bill to take it back to the correct amount, which is what I paid.

This month I have a bill again showing £35, with a note my previous balance was not paid in full and that has been carried over.

What I've noticed is the £3.50 credit is showing on this month's bill, but no longer shows on the previous months bill. Which I presume is why the system tells me I did not pay last months bill in full.

Support has assured me that the info he has on his system confirms I will only pay £31.50 this month, then explained next months bill will be £28, before it goes back up to £31.50. This doesn't make sense but he confirmed it was what I would pay, but the only explanation was that it was because of a VM error.

Given not paying bills on time or for the correct amount can cause issues with people's credit score it would seem somebody at your end should be ensuring your customer facing bills acurately reflect the circumstances.

The irony is I've probably paid more in 0845 charges (not having a VM phone line) than I've saved on the bill. Mainly because you seem to have removed the online chat option as a point of contact, but also because it usually takes anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes to get through to a person.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing oddity

@lithurge wrote:

The irony is I've probably paid more in 0845 charges (not having a VM phone line) than I've saved on the bill. Mainly because you seem to have removed the online chat option as a point of contact, but also because it usually takes anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes to get through to a person.

The 0845 number is no longer used. If you are dialling the 0345 454 1111 number this is at standard landline rate, & if you have inclusive minutes or a call plan that includes standard 01 & 02 numbers then 03 numbers must also be included in this allowance.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The good news is my December bill is actually showing the contract amount of £31.50, with no unpaid amount from the previous bill.

The bad news is the amount collected from my account for the last bill was not the promised £31.50 but the full £35 due to a 'techincal error'. This time I'm told once again they will actually only be collecting £28 this month.

My bet is that come the 14th of next month I will be paying £31.50 from my account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lithurge,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing billing issues. So I can investigate, I'm going to send you a Private Message asking for some details.

Please reply back to it so I can look at your billing.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos