Menu
CroydonMartin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing not set up properly

I had Virgin Media fibre internet and a phone line at my old house. When I sold it, I didn’t move immediately into my new house, so I couldn’t transfer the account on moving day, as you might normally do. Instead, I closed the account and paid off the remaining charges due. I explained this to the helpful person on the VM customer helpline.

Once I had completed on the purchase of my new house (about 10 weeks ago now), I took out a new contract with VM to supply fibre internet and cable TV at the new property. I used the same email address as for the old account (which I assumed wouldn’t be a problem, because I’d closed it and paid it off).

I’ve been emailed the first bill and wanted to log in to the MyVM Account to check a couple of details. However, the account still shows my service as having been terminated and doesn’t seem to have been updated for the new contract (so the details of the services being supplied, etc, are all historical and wrong, and also indicate that no services are now being supplied). As it’s been almost 6 weeks since the new services have started, is this normal? Will it correct itself, or has this been set up incorrectly at VM’s end? I’m worried that while I’m getting emailed bills, they don’t seem to be linked to my account.

Grateful for any help / confirmation it will sort itself out or, if not, the best way of fixing it.

Thanks in advance.

M

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing not set up properly

Good Morning CroydonMrtin,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry for any confusion caused here and I hope you're all settled into your new home

In regards to the E-Mail address you'd use to set up a self-care account, you can only use the E-Mail address as the primary address for one self-care account

Therefore you will need to register the new Virgin Media self-care account with a new E-Mail address and using the new account number you've been issued for the account at the new property.

Is the E-Mail address you used for your former account a Virgin Media E-Mail address or is this with a different domain?

If this is one of ours, we can perform a transfer from your old account to new account but this will wipe any new E-Mail addresses you've created on the new account and the address(es) we're transferring over will be secondary account(s) on the new self-care service

If you have any further questions, feel free to come back to us

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
CroydonMartin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I have now sorted this by setting up a different email and registering with that. Many thanks for your help.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No problem @CroydonMartin,

Pleased to see this is now sorted, hope you enjoy the services in your new property

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos