Menu
-vito-
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing issue after cancellation

Hi, I had cancelled my contract on 1st November 2019 with a 30 days notice period. I had advanced payment up to 20th November 2019.

Since that I have received another bill (automatically paid via direct debit) for period 21 Nov - 20 Dec 2019. DNS server stopped to response two weeks ago or so and account has been terminated.

As far as I understand VM have to get paid for 30 days period since the date of cancellation, so why did I get charged for the whole another month?

Anyone can solve this issues? When and how I can receive my refund?

Should I cancel direct debit to avoid further automatic bills?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing issue after cancellation

Hi Vito,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry for any confusion caused around the final bill after a disconnection.

As you gave notice on 1ST November the services would of stopped on 01/12/19 if there was a bill generated and due before this date it would still be generated and if there was an active Direct Debit would get requested and paid.

Once the disconnection has been processed a final bill will be generated and any over payment will be returned by cheque around 40 days after the disconnection date.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
-vito-
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

That's fine, I just wasn't sure how it works. Thank you for quick response and the clarification.

As my final bill has been paid already (overpaid even), so I am going to cancel my direct debit now and waiting for the adjustment sent by cheque, all clear.

Thank you once again and Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You are very welcome Vito, if you do require any further help or advice please do not hesitate to come back.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos