Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Billing issue - Refer a Friend

Apologies if this is a duplicate post...I did attempt to post last night but can't find it so I assume it hasn't reached the forum.

My daughter recently moved out into her own place and I used the refere a friend link to allow her to sign up to VM for broadband and tv. Unfortunately my daughter didn't click on the link in the email she received and signed up direct via the website. Within a day she realised her error and contacted VM. Ultimately she was assured we would both still receive our credit.That didn't happen and my daughter chased things up. I also tried but got nowhere. 

I accept my daughter didn't follow the correct procedure but on realising her error she did contact VM and was assured the credit would be applied. Had she been informed that there would eb no £50 credit she was within the cooling off period and could have cancelled and then signed up again using the link in the email she received.

Further contact was made with VM by my daughter and she was advised the credit would be applied. We both received emails confirming a £50 credit to our bills. BUT...we have both since received our bills and while they show a £50 credit they also show arrears from a previous bill amounting to £50. To further complicate matters, the email I received tells me I need to pay my bill immediately to avoid any further action or suspension of my services. So not only do we not get our credit but there's a risk of our service being terminated and action taken. 

My daughter contacted VM when she was notified about her bill being in arrears and was told to disregard any communication as there had been an error. I am concerned that my service may be suspended even though I am not in arrears. It also concerns me that my daughter and we don't appear to be getting the £50 credit we are due.

Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing issue - Refer a Friend

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue sorted, I can certainly see how it has frustrated you. 

As its a billing issue I think the best coarse of action would be to look into the account so I can explain exactly what is going on, I'll send you a PM now so we can go through data protection. 

Speak to you soon.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thnaks for such a rapid response, Megan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Following on from our PM, I'm glad we got this resolved for you. 

Sorry for the confusion with the billing however rest assured you shouldn't have any further problems now. 

I hope you have a lovely day and we're always here if you need anything else 🙂

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for all your help, Megan.

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos