Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing error

I contacted the customer service team over a week ago as I had an email saying my bill was going to increase due to my 12 month contract coming to an end. This was incorrect as I had signed an 18 month contract. There were a number of issues on my account which I thought had been resolved however I have just got my statement and can see the errors are still on my account. 

1) 18 month no increase in costs contract however an increase over 6 months ago was actioned and has not been deducted from June's statement.

2) confirmed by service team I was correct on length and cost of package and that back dated over payment would be deducted from June's direct debit which has not been actioned. 

3) when trying to raise a complaint in line as I feel like I can not trust virgin media to do what they promise to do I get an opps screen once I have submitted my complaint!

Please someone help me resolve this !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing error

Hi there @ADuester

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some confusion with your contract. 

When you log into your online account and check your contract - does it advise 12 months or 18 months on the right hand side? Usually our cable contracts are for 12months - we do however sometimes offer 18  month discounts on a 12 month contract. 

So this would mean, even though your contract has come to an end (meaning you are now on a 30 day rolling contract) you still have 6 months left of discounts remaining. Dates for any discounts will be listed on your contract online and each bill up to the end date. 

Please do take a look at your online account and if you require further confirmation or assistance, let us know

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but this does not help. When I talked to virgin media a week ago they confirmed I'm on an 18 month contract and I had been over charged the last 6 months by £4 per month. I have had constant errors with my contract since I gave notice of leaving 15 months ago. I was disconnected in error. Charged wrongly I dont know how many times and still my direct debit for june is going to be in correct. Why I should need to keep reviewing these things when i expect virgin media to do as promised and correct things is now very very annoying. I tried to raise a complaint on line and it wouldn't log and this time I really am going to take it further

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ADuester,

Can you please check your online account this will show your contract length, also why do you feel you are being charged incorrectly is the bill amount different to the package cost as per your contract? If it is, what is different?

Thanks

Zoie_P

0 Kudos