Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing & Contact

Hi, 

I moved into a new flat in Nov'19 with virgin media supplied broadband. I had 100mb internet for £27 per month. After a month of usage the speed was not good enough for the amount of devices we had so we upgraded to 200mb broadband at an agreed cost of £32 monthly. 

Since the upgrade my bills have been: 

- £54.00 - May 2020 (to be paid) 
- £133.42 - April 2020
- £111.42 - March 2020 
- £91.80 - February 2020 
- £27.00 - January 2020 
- £79.00 - December 2020  

Every month since December i have been on the phone with Virgin media trying to understand how they are charging me so much for braodband. Every time they agree this is incorrect and a mistake on their behalf. Every month they promise to amend the bill and credit me for the amounts over paid which of course never happens. 

I am absolutely disgusted and confused how this can continue to happen. Unfortunately there are no helplines open now due to Covid and also conveniently the complaints page has been down for 2 weeks. I am really struggling to understand why they are charging me so much and the bill fails to explain this. 

I am lost to what i should do. If i log on to MyVirgin my contract still reflects 100mb broadband at £27 per month so the payments they are taking are illegal in my opinion. 

Any help would be much appreciated. I am currently furloughed with reduced income and having paid nearly £400 in 4 months for broadband i feel Virgin should be investigating this as urgent priority. contract virgin.PNGprevious bills virgin.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Billing & Contact

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Pawan, i am struggling to find a link to the online chat anywhere, 

Please can you advise how to find this. 

Many thanks, Andy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the post Andrewgriffith6 and welcome to our community.

We can also go through this over a private message, I'll pop you over one now if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen? 

Thank you, Emily.