cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Details after moving house

Simon95
Joining in

I moved house just over a month ago, and recently paid my last bill for the previous address. 

The move was set up in advance by a Virgin Media employee who contacted me and got the ball rolling for when I moved into my new home. This was all perfectly fine, however my Virgin Media account has never updated to my new account number/address, I have NEVER recieved a bill in the post, until today when I get an overdue payment letter and slapped with a late payment charge. Can anybody help get this fixed? Waiting around to get in contact over the phone isn't ideal.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Simon95

I hope you are settling into your new home.

It sounds like you are signing into My Virgin Media with the username/email address that you used at your old address. As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a move and transfer for your details across from the old account to the new one so you can continue to sign in using the same details. It sounds like that hasn't been performed.

You could call in and speak to the home move team, however Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, but it may take a couple of days before they pick this up.

As far as I know the new account number is usually almost the same as the old one, the only difference being that the last number would be increased by one, so as an example if your old account number was 123456781 then the new one would be 123456782.

Check to see if the account number shown on the overdue payment letter with the late payment charge exactly matches the old a/c number. If it does it means that VM haven't closed the old account.   If it's that one digit different then that's your new account and it would appear that the direct debit maybe hasn't been set up correctly, or the payments been taken off your old account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Simon95 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems when using your My Virgin Media, with the details showing for your previous account. I'm going to send you a private message to gather some more details. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ