Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Billed for a package no longer on

Hi,

We've had VM TV, Phone and Broadband services for the past year at the newcomers discounted price of 29 a month for the first 12 months. We just moved house yesterday, and wanted to take VM with us so I rang and asked to transfer our services and change our package to Broadband only (as the current package would have no longer be discounted as the 12 months was up, and would have been way above budget). 

That phone call seemed to go fine and we agreed on a new contract/package for broadband only, yet I've received emails about receiving new equipment which isn't needed as we brought the router with us when we moved. 

The bills page on my VM account also says that we are due to be billed 59 this month instead of 29, which makes no sense to me. It's not due to any other charges but seems to be because the discount for the first 12 months has run out. As we set up this contract exactly a year ago, I don't understand why the discount has run out a month early. We cannot afford to pay this higher amount, which is the reason why we switched to a different package. If it's in advance then surely the new package price a month should be our next bill, not the old package. 

Any help, guidance or explanation would be appreciated! It's likely it's a technical thing I've misunderstood, but I can't afford to make an error.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for a package no longer on

Now our bills page says we have left VM, and the new contract for the new package has a different account number than our old one. Why have they created a new account when we just wanted to transfer to a new address and change package?

Does this mean I need a new My VM account to look at my bills? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for a package no longer on

Thanks for the post Helen_rachael.

When putting through a house move this effectively cancels the account at your old address and opens this up at the new address so it would need a new My Virgin Media account unless the movers team transferred this information over for you already. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos