cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed for Broadband after Virgin Media Emailed that they are unavailable for my address

tictong
Joining in

About 3 weeks ago, I signed up for Virgin Media broadband plan and on the same day I received an email (after they sent me a welcome email in the morning) that they could not bring their broadband service to my home. Despite that email, I continued receiving emails to review their service and even the router and a contract, which I assumed was generated by the system as part of the setup process, despite them not able to bring broadband services to my home.

I did try to create an account to find out if Virgin Media still has a valid account with me but I was unable to register. Hence, I thought the account creation did not go through, and what I am receiving are just a stream of computer generated emails for the company to be efficient. 

Needless to say, I did not set up the router and already hopped onto another broadband plan that could be supported at my residential address. To date, I have not used the router nor connected to the wifi provided by Virgin Media at all. 

3 weeks later, I received the bill and was asked to pay £500+ for a broadband service I did not know I had. I was told the system just assumed business as usual even though I did not connect to the wifi nor create an account. I am truly at a loss of what to do, except to file a complaint online. I really feel like I was charged for nothing. 

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tictong

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened and for any confusion caused by the email received. 

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see you did speak to the team yesterday after posting.

Is this now resolved?

If you do need any further support, please let us know and we can send you a private message here.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

tictong
Joining in

Thanks Vikki, after spending some time speaking to your colleagues on the hotline it has now been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

That's great to hear and thank you so much for letting us know.

Please do let us know should you need any assistance in the future and we will do all we can to help! 

Thank you so much for your prompt response... Since Sunday with the verbal cancellation, I have not heard from them. Is it normal that they take more than 3 days to send a confirmation email about the cancellation? I am wondering if I should give them a call again... ... Thanks

Hi @tictong 

We don't normally email this if done verbally. 

I'll send you a PM though so you have something in writing.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill