Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Billed an extra month after leaving

Hi there,

ive been billed an extra month after leaving virgin

my contract ended on the 7th of November and I gave 30 days notice prior (in fact a little more)

now I’ve been billed from the 7th of November till the 7/8th December even though my account is showing as closed

i definitely don’t owe any money and checked this prior as my minimum term ended on the 29th of october

can someone help and clear this bill?

thanks

oh btw, trying to get help via online chat is useless as none of the pages work as it appears and I’m not paying call charges to wait forever on the phone!

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed an extra month after leaving

Have you had your final bill yet? / Have your services disconnected?

When you hand in your notice, ALL things about your services continue as normal, including billing. This is incase you cancel the cancellation. Its pretty normal to get a bill that may go out the disconnection period, but when you receive your final bill it will show what is owed to you or by you at the end. It is common to have a refund here if you've had a bill that goes beyond the disconnection date.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My services were disconnected on the 7th and the kit had been returned.

obviously I’m not paying and then waiting for a refund.

I’ll wait to see if they issue a final bill and refund the 143.99 that they are expecting me to pay

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonm80

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the confusion with the final bill.

We do bill in advance, so your final bill may well be for a period after which the service has disconnected. Then a few days after cancellation, a final statement gets created. This normally is from the day after the account terminated - the final date on the final billing period. This is normally a credit on the account unless any charges have been accrued.

I hope this helps but let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I’ve received my final bill...

billed “in advance” despite providing advanced notice of disconnection for 143.99

received a credit of 134.98, for a slightly shorter period than the billed amount.

only posting as I want others to see how useless this company is

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonm80, 

Thanks for updating us on this, any credit that is left on your account after 90 days of your disconnection will be refunded via cheque which will take approximately 30 days to process and get delivered. 

I am sorry for the frustration and confusion you've encountered during this ordeal.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos