Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billed £5 for free Superhub3 upgrade installation fee

I was having wifi dropping issues and was recommended a free upgrade to a superhub 3. This was sent to me and I set it up fine. THEN I was billed £5 for its "installation" despite the order saying it was all free. I wrote to complain and no one replied. A month later I got a letter claiming they'd failed to get in touch with me, despite me providing email address and obviously they have my landline number.

In exasperation I've since written in another complaint and nothing has been done. I tried complaining using the chat service but they can't look at a bill older than the current one.

As I'm paying direct debit, the money is gone from my account obviously.

I'm just really annoyed that it appears no human being has bothered to look at the bill and seen the extra charge and refunded it. It seems like a petty detail but it was NOT on the order for the replacement Superhub3 so I cannot see why they would charge me for an installation that was essentially me unplugging the old hub and plugging in the new one myself.

So I've come here to complain in the hope that someone will bother to get in touch by email/direct message and sort out the unexpected charge and refund me.

Thanksvirginsuperhub2.pngsubperhub1.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed £5 for free Superhub3 upgrade installation fee

Delivery charge 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah well they said it was an installation charge and it wasn't listed on the order where it says "Quickstart delivery £0". So I'm still not impressed. Free upgrade, during a lockdown should not involve me having to go collect a Superhub! 😞

They have also failed to respond to two complaints on the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The quickstart delivery would be £0 but for the home delivery instead of click and collect it would be £5 delivery.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos