Menu
MargevonMarge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Billed £5 for free Superhub3 upgrade installation fee

I was having wifi dropping issues and was recommended a free upgrade to a superhub 3. This was sent to me and I set it up fine. THEN I was billed £5 for its "installation" despite the order saying it was all free. I wrote to complain and no one replied. A month later I got a letter claiming they'd failed to get in touch with me, despite me providing email address and obviously they have my landline number.

In exasperation I've since written in another complaint and nothing has been done. I tried complaining using the chat service but they can't look at a bill older than the current one.

As I'm paying direct debit, the money is gone from my account obviously.

I'm just really annoyed that it appears no human being has bothered to look at the bill and seen the extra charge and refunded it. It seems like a petty detail but it was NOT on the order for the replacement Superhub3 so I cannot see why they would charge me for an installation that was essentially me unplugging the old hub and plugging in the new one myself.

So I've come here to complain in the hope that someone will bother to get in touch by email/direct message and sort out the unexpected charge and refund me.

Thanksvirginsuperhub2.pngsubperhub1.png

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed £5 for free Superhub3 upgrade installation fee

Delivery charge 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
MargevonMarge
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah well they said it was an installation charge and it wasn't listed on the order where it says "Quickstart delivery £0". So I'm still not impressed. Free upgrade, during a lockdown should not involve me having to go collect a Superhub! 😞

They have also failed to respond to two complaints on the issue.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The quickstart delivery would be £0 but for the home delivery instead of click and collect it would be £5 delivery.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
MargevonMarge
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And nowhere was this indicated at the time!

I've had no response from them on this despite raising it twice and now they want me to complete a survey to check how well they resolved my problem!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello MargevonMarge

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
sc489
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VM billed me the same and now have another complaint. These charges are illegal in consumer law since they are not mentioned at the time of order or stated on the order confirmation. I've complained and the issue will be referred to OFCOM if VM don't cease this practice.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sc489, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were not aware of the £5 delivery charge for the new equipment. 

Usually you are offered a choice of a home delivery, which is £5 or a free click and collect service. 

I'm happy to take a look at this for you but in order to do so I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sc489,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this. I'm glad the team have been able to get things sorted for you and are removing the charge on this occasion. 

Once they have done this you should see it on your next bill that is due to be generated. 

With your complaint, if you made this through My VM, you can track the progress of it here. You should be aware that it can take up to 28 days to receive a response. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos