Alexander15
Tuning in

Bill has been paid , Direct debit cancelled but still showing outstanding

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Alexander15 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Did you cancel your direct debit within 5 working days of us going to take it? If so, that'll be why. If you have documentation it's paid then please do not worry 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

spell
Knows their stuff

Perhaps Alexander 15 isn't the least bit worried but would like his account record to be accurate. Perhaps it is VM that should be worried about false accounting - would be good if OFCOM enquiry includes a team of forensic auditors

Alexander15
Tuning in

It wouldn't let my cancel the direct debit before it was taken which isn't great to start with... and I can't cancel with my bank until you have taken it out so I had no choice but to cancel at that timeframe 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

So just to clarify on this Alexander15, did you pay the bill manually?

Also when you're stating that you couldn't cancel the direct debit, were you receiving error codes when doing so?

Did you do this through your bank?

Regards,

Kain

This is ridiculous seriously! How many times do I need to explain it? It's very simple , and to make matter worse there also asking for my 2 SIM cards bill which I cancelled and never activated? Are VM so incompetent that their system cannot tell between a paid bill ? It is do e electronically and no other company have had this issue? Seriously considering leaving already it is ridiculous 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alexander15 👋

We appreciate that this is frustrating, however, we are only here to help and any questions we ask are to assist further. Depending on how the payment was made (electronically is somewhat vague as it could be on our site, Online Banking, etc.), it can take a few days to register on your account.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope, or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ