Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bill over charged

Hi Team,

I have signed a contract for £29 pm and received 1st bill as £98.

I understood that for 1st bill u are charging advance rental for next month but my signed contract is for £29 so i should receive 1st bill of £58.

My account number is [REMOVED] and the reference number on which i have booked the contract is 

Order ref: WS6655160

Order date: Monday, February 10, 2020

Monthly cost breakdown

You've got our Fibre Broadband Oomph             

(12 month contract unless specified)

£29.00 a month
for 12 months then
£49.00 a month

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill over charged

Was an activation or installation charge of £40 mentioned at any point?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Activation charges of £35 was mentioned at the time of purchasing the order but for that Torre agent has gave me discount voucher hence it was waived off. Also this charges were not mentioned on bill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Normally the bill would show a breakdown of how the total is arrived at.  Does yours not?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It shows the total. But mine concern is while purchasing they commit for rental of £29 pm for first 12 month after that £49 pm, however they charged me £49 per month from the 1st month only

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are only seeing the total that suggests you are just looking at the email notification of the bill.  Sign into My Virgin Media with your primary account details and go to the My Bills tab.  There you should see the breakdown of the actual bill.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have already checked in my bill section it shows what i mentioned above. It clearly shows rental for two month £49 + £49 = £98, no any other charges were there.

My question is when i signed a contract for £29 pm for first 12 month and adter that £49 pm l, then how could they charge me £49 from first month.

I hope you understood my concern and provide solution on this instead of suggesting any other options.

Also i am trying to contact customer care services but i won't be able to connect there

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing the info.  This will enable the VM Forum Team to be better informed of your issue when they reach this thread.

0 Kudos