Menu
Fragility
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bill issues amongst other things

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I couldn't really find a better place for it, so forgive me.

I'm shocked and appalled really. Ever since Virgin became "available" I've had nothing but problem, after problem, after problem and it's starting to grind me down a little bit to be honest.

So to summarise real quick. 

• Was told 2-years ago when I had a post card posted through my door saying I could get the services
  • I signed up immediately, had 8 failed appoints, countless failed installations and the like
  • One of my accounts got cancelled because of "no approval from the local council", my mother works for the council so I had a contact in the council and found this to be a lie
  • Had to get CISAS involved and they awarded in my favor almost immediately
  • Lost out on deals, special offers and promotions because of the length of time 'trying' to get virgin installed
  • The cablers ruined my front garden, like demolished and broke things, it was ridiculous

And those are the issues that I've had (You can refer to my account/forum post history for further information pertaining to my issues).

Now onto my billing issue. 

I finally got Virgin installed after constant pestering from my side and I was excited, I've wanted Virgin internet since I moved from my old house over 11/12 years ago. I've been stuck on Sky/BT since that point in time so going from 80/20 -> 500/40, it's a big change and it's been relatively stable since installation although I have had a few issues with intermitting wifi and disconnecting issues but nothing that is cause for an angry phone call or anything.

Now for clarification, I got my services installed on the 15th April, 2021. I've been eagerly awaiting my first bill as it said that it usually comes 10-14 days after installation, so I thought great. Now, earlier I was doing my expenses spreadsheet for this month, just to monitor my incomings and outgoings and I thought I would just check the Virgin app to see what I'd be working with (expecting the bill to be £89 roughly) and to my disarray my bill was £188, so quite obviously, I'm not very happy.

For further clarification I'm currently on the Ultimate Oomph bundle, £89 per month until Oct 2022 so I really don't understand what could have happened here, I really don't. 

Any advice? 

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bill issues amongst other things

Hi Fragility

The first bill is always a double bill covering your first two months of service, it may also include an activation fee to activate your equipment, and/or equipment delivery charges

You can read more about how the first bill is calculated here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill  

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post, Fragility, I'll need to send you a PM to confirm your account details.

0 Kudos
Fragility
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This was literally it, thanks Dave. 

Do you know why this is? I rang them up, asked them on the phone why is this part of their policy over and over and they couldn't really give me an answer, I just got a: "It just is", which is, you know, very helpful?

To pay 188.00 for my first bill was a little jawdropping to say the least. They have allowed me (god bless them) allowed me to pay it over two months which is technically paying for 3 months bill for two months of use but hey ho, it is what it is!

Thanks for the reply mate, really appreciate it.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, Fragility.

0 Kudos