Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bill is wrong and was charged incorrectly

So,

I upgraded to 500Mb at £54 a month (Agreed with the operator)

My contract was wrong, so got in touch and the customer service agent said I'd get a discount applied every month for the term of my contract to match the agreed upon £54 (As she could see the note on my account)

I noticed I was billed incorrectly for £66.37, I decided to wait until it account came out of the bank, because I've been here before with this, and I did indeed get £66.37 debited from my account.

Could this please be sorted and £12.37 removed from my next bill, which should make my next bill £41.63.

I tried ringing, but I got an answer message that stated all the call centres were closed because of Coronavirus?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill is wrong and was charged incorrectly

Hi Martini1991,

The call centres are open, I spoke to them earlier.

You should call either 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

You should choose option 1 for TV and broadband and option 1 again for billing.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I did that, and got an automated message that the call centre's are closed.

I can attempt to ring again, but I'm not exactly overjoyed at the prospect.

Can't wait to leave Virgin Media when I get to an FTTP postcode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As an update to this.

I did manage to ring the call centre yesterday this morning.

My next bill *should* be £42 and then £54 after that.

Although they did say the discount would be applied for the next 11 bills which is also incorrect as it's an 18 month contract, so I raised that and it hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Martini1991

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we are sorry that you've had some billing queries after your upgrade and subsequent issues getting in touch with us. 

As our user @newapollo advised, we are open, albeit a bit busier than usual. We do appreciate you popping back to the thread with how things have progressed since your initial post; not only does this help us to know you have received the help you needed but will also help our community who may be having a similar issue. 

Hope that when you get your next bill all will be clearer for you - if you do need further assistance when the time comes, please do let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

With all due respect, it's not accurate to say things like "Hope that when you get your next bill all will be clearer for you". It's  not even accurate to call it a query since I'm raising an actionable request because a mistake has (For quite literally about the 10th time during my tenure at this address in regards to VM)  once again been made by VM's staff.

It was nothing to do with comprehension of the bill, the bill was wrong, as the credit I'd originally been promised hadn't been applied, as the package I agreed for hadn't been processed correctly.

I'm not even convinced the bill will be accurate next time as I've already been down this rabbit hole before.

This is down to incompetence on VM's side, rather than anything user end.

EDIT : As an aside, it turns out that on the specific date I'd rang and attempted to go through to billing, there was indeed some closure regarding a call centre for VM - https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/covid-19-outbreak-hits-virgin-media-uk-call-centre-in-...

As I say, unequivocally, the automated message told me that the call centre was closed and I could "Look at my bill online" (As if that's even remotely going to help remedy my issue). 

If the call centre's elsewhere weren't closed that could have dealt with my request then that should have been in the automated message, or there should have been an option to be forwarded there, however there wasn't. Once again one could equate that to incompetent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martini1991, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the billing and package price, can you contact the text messaging team on 07533 051 809 so that this this can be looked into Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You only get a 6 months offer or 12 not an 18 month one also first bill is always higher same with mobile phones a 20ppm mobile first bill is always 23 something as is longer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin began offering 18 month contracts on 29th June when they introduced their new bundles. The new 18 month contracts are also available to current customers amending their packages.

press-release virgin-medias-faster-flexible-and-greater-value-bundles 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos