cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill is a lot higher than contract

mba1980
Joining in

Phoned VM and re-negotiated by monthly payments due to the current increases back in April. I can log into my account and download my contract which states £66.80, yet i have a bill today of £94.16.

i need help understanding this

7 REPLIES 7

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mba1980 

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue, depending on when you made the change there are multiple things which could affect your bill.

We bill in advance so be sure to check the dates billed, if the bill came out before you had made any changes then this bill would still be charged and will be rectified pro rata on the account.

Depending on what you had changed too, there could be a 30 day notice for this if you were downgrading a service.

You can find more useful information on our website here.

Thanks. Joe

As mentioned I made the change at the start of April, if I pay in advance my new bill covers me for June? Is that not enough time?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us and for explaining more, mba1980.

Sorry to see you've taken this package in April and your last bill came out higher that you expected.

Regarding this, could you confirm if the bill that's higher is also your first bill with us as this is always double (due to charging for both current month and the month ahead to catch up)?

Based on what's mentioned on your first post above, we can tell there's currently a problem when trying to log to your online account with us which is not ideal as having access to your bills and package info would have helped clear this out.

Can you please tell us what error you get and if you're able to reset your password for this account here to see if this helps gaining access back to it?

If you manage to get access online following this, please check this link which offers a full breakdown on your bill charges and what they're for.

Let us know if this helps and what you've found, if you still have issues with viewing the info we're here to assist - just pop us a new post to advise this.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the package price on your bill, match your contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not my first bill, been with you for over 10 years.  I have no issues accessing my account

Nope

contract.JPGmay_bill.JPG

Good Evening @mba1980, thanks for coming back to us.

I'd be happy to pick this up to take a closer look into this for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn