Menu
devlin_ane
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bill increase 22%

Been a loyal customer of VM since 2007. Have had a bill for my 350mb service of £41 after ive removed the TV and Phone (neither were being used). This was early 2018. All was good . This has been fine for quite awhile. It jumped to £44 which I was told about, and all was still good. I noticed in December my bill jumped from £44 to £51, and rang VM who said that in January the discounts would all apply to drop it down... This month (January 2019) it has jumped to £54. Now I can understand a small increase (of a couple of percent), but 22% is a big jump... Although I love the service, thisis a horrendous. May have to cancel and start again as just the 350mb cable is £50 a month!!!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill increase 22%

In every bill you have it tells you exactly when your discounts will end. That is where I would be looking at the figures.

Sadly you can’t just cancel and rejoin straight away and get that price, there is a minimum period you need to leave for before you can be a new customer again, even then you can just be seen as a returning customer.

best bet is calling up and speaking to retentions / cancellations and seeing what they can offer you. It won’t be a new customer price so don’t expect that.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone as advised, with £50 being the going price you should not have any problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi devlin_ane, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about your situation. 

Existing customers will always be able to get the same deal as New Existing customers minus any introductory offer so it's worth giving the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to check things for you. 

Come back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos