Highlighted
alexs80
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Bill beyond contract date

Just  off the phone. 

My contract terminated 14/2/19

I checked my bank account this morning, 16/2, and find that on 15/2 Virgin deducted money for the billing period period 14/2 until 13/3/2019.

I rang and was told this is procedure as my phone was live until 21/2 as I had selected to retain my phone number.

I was told , initially, that I would receive a refund of £44.92 then told later in the conversation that it was to be £54.89 

I was cut off early on 10/2/19...no internet until my new provider connected me. 

I was told during my conversation today that I would receive a "loss of service credit"

V.M.also sent an email on 11/2 stating that I would receive an equipment returns package. (still waiting)

I also received a text message from VM stating a visit by an engineer would be made on 14/2!!

What on earth is happening here?

I'm concerned as this money has been removed from my account and no service has been provided.

I.m also concerned that this will happen again next month .

I was told that I would receive the credit within 35, yes 35 working days...7 weeks!!...that,s another billing cycle.

So , you've taken money from me for doing nothing and retaining it for up to 7 weeks??

I need this money now. I need reassurance that this will not reoccur at the next billing cycle.

Bad....very bad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill beyond contract date

Hi alexs80,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of this billing dispute.

I can confirm that any refunds due, are sent within 35 days of the disconnection date. If the account is now cancelled, then a few days after the disconnection date, a final bill is generated. This bill is usually a credit, which covers the period of no service, as we bill in advance.

We send the returns packaging the day after the disconnection, and it can take upto 14 days to receive this. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos