Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Bill Overcharging

Hi,

So I got my second Bill and it's almost double what I am supposed to be paying

So I am putting this here as a point of reference, In the hope that the mods can point the Billing department to this post.
Trying to explain anything to VM staff over the phone is such a painful process and as I can't email them. not sure what else to do.

I initially signed up to a Broadband only package on the 11th of July 2018.

The contract that I signed showed a package cost of £48pm
The initial install cost was waived,
There was a One-Off Flexi Fee Discount applied
and a Free Manned Install

I just had to pay £20 when I signed up

On the 2nd of Aug 2018 I changed to a 12 month contract for Phone and Broadband.
The contract that I signed for this package showed a cost of £40.20pm

So on my first Bill, as it is billed a month in advance, I was charged £96.00
This covered the period from 11 Jul - 10 Sep
ok I thought that's fine they will make the adjustments for the new contract on the next bill...

When I got my bill this morning, I was shocked to find my package cost was listed as £81 and the total Bill was £122 wth...

By my calculations this is what I think my actual total costs up to 10 Oct 2018 should be:

22 days pro rate of £48 (calculated as (48 * 12 / 365) * 22 days = £34.72 (Covering the period from 11 July 2018 to 1st Aug 2018)

70 days pro rate of £40.20 (calculated as (40.20 * 12 / 365) * 70 days = £92.52 (Covering the Period from 2nd Aug 2018 to 10th October 2018)

So a total of £127.25 - £3.20 (Credit applied due to loss of broadband)

Which makes my total bill to date £124.05 Not the £218.54 that VM seem to think I owe.

I have contacted customer services and while I have been promised that credit will be applied to my account.
I am not convinced that it will actually be correct, as so far all I can see is a £40 credit.
Which is somewhat less than the £94.49 That I think I have been overcharged!

And as the Bill has now been generated, I have to pay this bill which is more than twice what I had budgeted to spend.
So VM get to keep my money for a month because they made a billing error. Gee thanks VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill Overcharging

So after going into battle with VM Billing department again...

Was initially told all sorts of nonsense as per usual, but after much persistence from me, the guy on the other end of the phone finally went away to speak to more people.

Eventually when he came back, lo and behold another credit will now be applied to my account, which now makes the figures pretty much match what I think my total bill to date should be.

And... apparently, when they come to take money from my account they should only be taking about £25, rather than the £122.

So fingers crossed, the problem should be resolved. But to be honest, I will believe it when I see it...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Great that you got some success. Fingers crossed I hope.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So another month passes and surprise surprise, overcharged again. more than double what my contract says!

This is getting beyond a joke... So called billing again, after the usual nonsense they agreed to a credit again.

But it still not showing in my account...

How can I get this resolved once and for all?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi yafuser

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

My apologies that at the time of your post there were issues with the credits still

I can see that you have since spoken to our teams about this and they have applied for this to be added.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have been in touch with the billing department many times. Each time I am promised the credit will be applied.

But when I login to my account I still do not see this credit on my account.
So how can I be sure that this credit will actually be applied when they come to take money from my account in a couple of weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi yafuser, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Credits won't show until your next bill is generated. When this is showing, if the credits are not on there, come back and let us know via here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is getting ridiculous now...

So I made so many more calls to try and get this resolved.
I even got a call back from a manger promising that it would all be sorted.

This did require me to sign a new contract.

So the direct debit for last bill went out for the correct amount, good start. But...

now got a new bill, there are some credits, but obviously not correct, as I have a late payment charge!!!!

**bleep** it's taken by direct debit, how can it be late?

So I guess its back on the phone again tomorrow.

I am just gobsmacked at the difficulty in trying to get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So another call...

It appears yet another mistake was made and an incorrect credit amount was put on, so causing the late payment penalty fee to be applied!

So yet another credit has been applied, so will see how that goes, at least I can now see that on my account page.

So after over 4 months, let's hope this is finally the end and I can stop having to contact VM Billing every single month

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi yafuser

I am so sorry this caused you any concerns or inconveniences

I can see on the date you posted you called and resolved this

I do hope this  now continues to run smoothly for you billing wise

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos