Menu
Marly167
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Big problem

My problem is this virgin media did not provide me with my phone line till near the end of my contract.When questioned it during lockdown was told looking into it. Now they gave me a text number and I told them via this link .I did not want arrange another contract till sorted, received a message saying I would not be charged anything extra for the rest of the year which was one month. But disconnected it .Still claiming to be looking into it?do not have phone just now.They cannot answer my complaint online yet all I am getting is online bill every month and then another one telling me to send their equipment back as I have left.Even sent man to my house to pick it up. I know this has been a terrible year  but what is going on at virgin media.They have moved online but cannot contact them that way .Do not know what to do for best contact their ceo or get lawyer to contact them 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big problem

Reading into your post a few things that aren't clear, I'm assuming you've at some point raised a formal complaint?  And that in an entire 12 month contract they didn't connect a phone line that they had contracted to provide until month 11?  That you have been paying the bill?  That you did not agree to or request termination of the contract?  This is all very serious stuff.  I suspect that there is a lot of detail and complexity in addition, but I'd say don't share that in this forum, we don't need to know.

When you want to take on a multi-billion pound company, you CAN do so in court, that requires either extensive preparation to understand your case in law, and the risk that you may not win and have to pay costs.  Or, the better approach is that you can use the industry arbitration scheme CISAS to take on any complaint that VM have had for at least eight weeks and not resolved to your complete satisfaction.  If VM reject, delay, lose, or offer a paltry settlement that doesn't matter, CISAS will gather the evidence and form a binding adjudication, working in a similar way to the Energy Ombudsman.  If you have a formal complaint reference, and it was more than eight weeks ago, you are already able to do this, but see comments below.

I will flag this to the forum staff, and if they can get this resolved to your complete satisfaction that will be your quickest and easiest resolution, as CISAS take around six weeks to complete their work, in this complex sounding case they may take longer.  Taking what you say at face value, I assume you're looking for a settlement of reconnection, compensation for the failure to provide a telephone line, poor customer service, poor handling of the (assumed) complaint, poor communication and so on.  You would be looking (in my guess) at several hundred pounds in compensation.  If the forum staff can't get this quickly resolved to your complete satisfaction and you need to take the matter to CISAS they will gather all available evidence from you and from VM, and take into account any extenuating circumstances, both for and against your case, eg vulnerable customer/carer, any rudeness or wilful failure to communicate by either party, if you contributed to the disconnection by stopping payments or refusing access, whether VM broke promises to fix things or failed to turn up for any appointments, etc.  You will need to write out the full history as you see it for CISAS, including as much detail as you can, and spelling out what outcomes you want.  

Wait on the forum staff, see if they can escalate this and get it resolved, if there's no progress within (say) ten days then you contact CISAS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big problem

Hi Marly167, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums, 

I am so sorry to hear you have not had the best customer service with us. I can take a look into your open complaint for you and see what has been going on.

I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope

Zoie

0 Kudos