Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Better deal

@Alex_RM 

Hi can someone help me with getting a better deal? I have had an email saying my payments are going to increase to more than double on the 24th November.

or should I just Cancel/leave and get my husband to re-join for the cheaper Advertised price on the website?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Better deal

Hello

If you leave to be able too get the new customer discounts you would have to leave for a minimum of 90 days before you are entitled to those discount.

With regards to re-negotiation I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ianshally and thanks for posting

I'm afraid we're unable to help with packages changes on here as Mike has correctly advised. Please call or text us on the numbers in the above post so a member of our Team can help find an offer that you may be happy with.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Lisa_CC

i have text the number provided over a week ago and haven’t had any response, I have also phoned the number twice now after being on hold for hours then to be disconnected from the call on both occasions, it’s driving me insane 🤯. 

I don’t know what else I can do here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for the wait times trying to get through to us Ianshally. I'm unsure when you tried but the best times to reach our Retentions Team is on weekdays between 8am and 10am. I appreciate you've tried but please keep trying and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They will offer a better deal if you threaten to leave but ties to an 18 month contract. There are now many cheaper options than VM so walk if they don't offer a fair price.

0 Kudos