Menu
kapaone
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Better contract deal

Tried to get a better price per month as my contract is now up. Confussed why virginmedia is so happy for me to simply leave and goto sky rather than offer a better deal so I'm now on my 30 days notice period to leave and get sky TV installed.

Currently paying £45  a month for the Big Bundle & Drama & Docs. New customer gets this for £37.99 along with all the free gifts I get offered £58 (£14 per month dearer). 

Why would I pay £14  more a month and have the old tivo platform when new customers get the new 360 platform aswell.

All you have to do is renew the contract to another 18 month one on the same price ie £45 and upgrade the current v6 box software to the 360 platform and I probably wouldn't leave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Better contract deal

The Big Bundle that I'm looking at - Mixit TV, M100 broadband & Talk Weekends, has a standard price of £62/month so you've been offered a £4/month discount on standard pricing, taking over from an apparent £17/month reduction.

Equally, anyone can voluntarily migrate to the 360 platform if you so wish - although if you have a TiVo rather than V6 you'll need a box-swap to do so. I'll leave the "is the 360 better" point, it's been done to death on other threads, but there's nothing inerently wrong with older software if it does what you want it to.

You may hear from outbound retentions, otherwise the best advice is to make sure you get Sky/BT/whoever, installed before your VM disconnection date - having some overlap of paying for 2 providers, is IMO a small price to pay for guaranteed continuity of service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Of course, what the OP omitted to say is the ‘full’ price of their services is £74 per month, so they are being offered a £16 discount as an existing customer for a new 18 month contract.

I wish I could get a £16 discount.

1A1E7FC7-F920-4AC9-90F8-83BF24791DFC.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kapaone,

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your recent conversation with the team and your package. We appreciate you raising this via the forums.

As with all providers we do offer introductory offers to new customers, at the start of all of our customers time with us they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available.

We aren't able to change packages here via the forums, but If you give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the cancellations team who will be able to look into this further for you. Alternatively you can text the team your query for free on 07533 051 809  between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Rob

0 Kudos