Menu
Highlighted
Sarahev
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bereavement

My father-in-law who lived with us passed away and the virgin account is in his name. We are deciding between the options of transferring the account to my name and downgrading to the M100 broadband and phone package or disconnecting and moving to another provider. If we chose to stay with Virgin and downgrade would we get the M100 broadband and phone package at the new customer price? 
Thanks

Sarah

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bereavement

Hi Sarahev. 

Welcome to our forums, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

If you transfer the account into someone else's name, this is classed as a Transfer of Responsibility, so wouldn't be eligible for a new customer deal.

However if you contact our dedicated bereavement team on 0800 952 2302 (Opening hours Mon- Fri 8am- 8pm. Sat 9am-5pm. Sun Closed)

they will be able to go through all your options with you, and find a package you're happy with.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sarahev
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex for your reply. So if we want to disconnect services instead of transfer can we request a disconnection date or does it happen automatically within a specific time of informing Virgin of the bereavement?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarahev,

Thank you for coming back to us, our bereavement team will process the disconnection if this is what you prefer, if they transfer the account this is on a monthly rolling basis with no contract so if you change your mind you can cancel at any point with a 30 days notice.

Unless you call the team nothing will change and the services will continue in the current name.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos